Any monoamniotic twins? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just found out today and I am pretty much in a state of shock. I have found the Monoamniotic.org boards which look to be very helpful, but I was wondering if there where any moms here who also had momotwins.

Babywearing, breastfeeding, Mother of MoMo twins and their older brother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 09-30-2008, 07:02 AM

There is at least one mama here who had mo-mo twins -- I think her siggy says "miracle monoamniotic girls". I am not the best at searching, though...

I am sending you best wishes for a safe pregnancy and the arrival of healthy little ones. How far along are you? Did you find out twins and mo-mo on the same day? Good luck, mama, and congrats on your pregnancy (as nervewracking as it will likely be).::
#3 of 8 Old 09-30-2008, 11:48 PM

Hi! I'm the one with momo twin girls. I'm glad you found monoamniotic.org, I think that's the absolute best resource for momo moms out there. The ladies (and few gents) there are so supportive and so very, very well-informed.

How far along are you? Have you had a high-resolution ultrasound yet and/or seen a perinatologist? If you haven't yet, there's a high possibility you've been misdiagnosed; it's really easy to miss the barrier of the amniotic sac in a routine ultrasound.

I'm PM'ing you too.

But, congratulations! I know how terrified you are. DON'T read statistics anywhere except at monoamniotic.org, because most of the stats floating around the net are old and scary.

Don't get me wrong: the odds are still scary with good treatment, but they're not as bad as they used to be.

It's a scary journey, but it doesn't have to be a tragic one. Keep up the hope, be excited about your babies, get informed, and hang in there! It's quite a ride, but you can do it.

#4 of 8 Old 10-01-2008, 12:54 AM

Welcome, congrats, and huge hugs all in one.
#5 of 8 Old 10-01-2008, 09:27 AM

{{{hugs}}}

Was this the u/s with the perinatologist that you had Monday? Like I said in your first thread, we were told at first that ours were mo/mo and thought so for a week but then when we had a high resolution ultrasound with a peri they found a membrane (which was then visible on all our subsequent u/s). I think that is a pretty common story.

Anyway I'm assuming you found out with a visit to a peri, since you mentioned before that you'd be getting a better u/s. I wish you all the best. I agree on not reading all the scary stats. It really seems like they aren't true anymore. It's certainly serious, but it's not immediately bad news. {{{hugs}}} and
#6 of 8 Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

mama tigress - this was from the peri on Monday. It couldn't be more definite. The boys were hugging . It was the sweetest site I have ever seen, but another very clear indication that the membrane they were looking hard to find is not there.

I am trying to take it one day at a time and stay healthy and strong for them. Thank you all for your hugs and support.

Babywearing, breastfeeding, Mother of MoMo twins and their older brother.
#7 of 8 Old 10-01-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxbound View Post
It couldn't be more definite. The boys were hugging . It was the sweetest site I have ever seen, but another very clear indication that the membrane they were looking hard to find is not there.

The picture of your two boys hugging sounds amazing. Stay strong and positive, mama. We're all cheering for you. I hope that you have care providers that you trust to do the best they can for you and your little ones.

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#8 of 8 Old 10-05-2008, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mine aren't, but i'm here to offer love and support. sounds like they are helping each other already. i'll keep them in my thought and prayers that all continues to be well.

how many weeks are you?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page