Mothering Forum banner

anyone use a quad stroller?

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Prism75 
#1 ·
Yes, I know this is Mothering - and I'd be a squashed, sad little twin mom without my mei-tais and my sling, honest and true - but sometimes I want to walk further and faster than I can with the older ones walking and the babies in the mei-tais. So, I've been pondering saving up for a quad stroller, so I can walk to the library/grocery store/park without driving (v. green of me, yes?
Honestly, I think it'd pay for itself in saved gas money within the year ), but I don't want to shell out the money if it's actually a piece of crap.

So, anyone here used one? Specifically, the Foundations Quad stroller? I'm really interested in hearing from someone who has some experience with it, if you liked it, what the problems were, etc.

Also, if you have another solution - a quad wagon? a triple stroller + a Strolli? - I'd be totally interested in hearing that too. There just doesn't seem to be much out there.

Thanks, mamas!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ian was in daycare for a short time and they used a quad stroller. I don't know the name at all, maybe later I'll look (I have a crying baby at my feet!) It seemed to work well, but I don't remember it having any storage under it.

#4 ·
I saw a woman at the park with the Foundations one you mentioned, she raved about it! I don't know how compactly it folds up, but she has a Ford Excursion
:and said she has no problem fitting it in the back.

Could you do a triple stroller with some sort of running board? I think the double Valco has a toddler jump seat and some kind of rear board for riding.

#5 ·
Totally board crashing here, but I remember seeing a post by somone on a different board about the new quad stroller she got (IIRC, she had toddler twins and was pg with another set of twins). I'm sure it was $$$$, but anyway it was made by the Adventure Buggy Company (Phil & Teds in New Zeland I think). There are some videos of their tripple buggy on youtube (a search for ABC buggy should bring them up, or just google the company name). Maybe its worth checking out?

#6 ·
Well, not exactly a quad stroller, but perhaps pertinent to your plans:

A family in our town had triplets and bought a Peg Perego triplet stroller. They bought it new about 7 years ago. Singleton Pegs were largely plastic long before that, but this stroller looked almost "old-fashioned" with chrome frame and chrome wheel fenders.

They were totally disgusted with it and thought it was a piece of junk. They had it welded two or three times in the first year (!) They were the sort of couple who took immaculate care of possessions.

#7 ·
Thanks for all the input. The Foundations is the cheapest one that doesn't look like it would immediately fall apart. I have thought about a triplet stroller with a running board, but I'm afraid I'd always be hitting the front of my ankles with a running board. I like the look of a Strolli though.

#9 ·
Okay, I got a Foundations one - no, I wasn't planning on doing that today, but I found one half price online, right near where I live, so I jumped on it!

I'll let you know how it travels after we take the maiden voyage.
I'm so psyched; I've missed walking sooooooo much.

#11 ·
We got a wagon for our three (our twins were 3.75 when our singleton was born), and it's FABULOUS. Click here for the link. And here's a picture of my kids in it on a rainy day (in the picture, my twins are 5, and my youngest is 1.5). When we got it, I was doing full-time childcare for a baby a week older than my baby, so it was like having two sets of twins. We walked everywhere, and the wagon pulls along amazingly smoothly (even in snow and ice), despite the weight. It doesn't fold at all, so I wouldn't recommend it for someone who couldn't walk from their house, but otherwise, I think it's a perfect solution for families with several young kids.

I decided against a triple stroller since my twins were four, and I couldn't imagine that they'd fit in a stroller for long enough to make it worthwhile, and I wanted something that would serve a purpose for years and years.

HTH!

Lex

#13 ·
Okay, I took the new stroller on its first spin 'round the neighborhood, and I am in loooooove. Oh my goodness, I didn't realize how much I missed walking till I got to do it again!

That said, though I'm digging having a four-kid stroller, it is a bear to push. But, then, it's got about 100 lbs. of kids in it. It's hard to push 'cause it's heavy, but it isn't hard to push in that it's well-balanced and rolls smoothly. The front wheels all pivot, and again, turning was hard, but only 'cause of the weight issue. So, overall, thumbs up.

And the kids were all happy for the whole hour long walk! I think they like getting out and about not in a van too! It's just hard to be bored outside. But the fact that they were happy the whole time makes me think it's pretty comfy for them. Yay!

#15 ·
I don't have the Foundations quad, but I do have a quad Runabout. It's great because it's the only way I can take all of the kids out together. It's huge though-a tight squeeze in the back of my 12 passenger van. I have pictures of it here: http://itstwinsanity.blogspot.com/20...reak-show.html. We also have a quad wagon-the Choo Choo wagon by Step2. I love that and we used it with my older 4 but haven't had a chance to use it with the new twins because they don't sit up yet. It's great because nobody can touch each other though! And they each have their own cupholders. Believe it or not, that fits easier in my van than the stroller.

#18 ·
Foundations makes fantastic strollers and the price isn't off the charts compared to some other manufacturers. A friend of mine uses this quad stroller for her daycare and she loves it! We had suggested the use of a big balloon tire wagon as well with a canopy(I am getting one in the spring for my twin girls), they come in different sizes which is great.

They are supposed to be really compact within reason of course!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.