Does anyone think they are not that hard? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 11-04-2008, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
My brain is working really hard to compute this! I just have never met anyone who said that having twins was not hard. Having baby twins was the hardest thing I have ever done and I nearly lost my mind. We had a great homebirth at 40 weeks, they never got sick, never had nursing problems, no problems, other than having TWO babies. I think I have blocked out certain parts of that time.
Yeah, it's hard. Mostly at night, though. If they slept better I think everything would be a lot easier. I sort of think we adapt to do what we have to do, and it just becomes normal for us. I do know that nobody other than myself (including my DH) can take care of all 3 kids at the same time. I'm just used to doing it.

Now, once they are really mobile I can imagine many things getting harder. One of my guys is trying desperately to crawl and managed to get on his hands and knees today, so we'll see!

I would never say it's not hard, but it's manageable most of the time. I just always think about a woman I know who has a DD a few months younger than my DS1, and triplets a few months older than my twins. It could always be harder. And I'm blessed with healthy kids, and I really do try to take a step back and just appreciate them as much as possible.
#62 of 63 Old 11-04-2008, 08:19 PM

I haven't read all the posts, but I wanted to agree:'

It depends on your kids personalities.

I prayed for 9 months that the twins wouldn't be high needs like their big brother!!

Thankfully they weren't. He made having twins feel easy!! At least that first year of it. Since then it has gotten a lot harder with the climbing, early walking, fighting, biting, scheming, etc.

Aw, what I wouldn't give to have them 2 months old again, sigh.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#63 of 63 Old 11-05-2008, 03:39 PM

My girls were very high needs at birth, we had 2 ppl awake around the clock for over 3 months to tend them but now at 28 months they are a breeze. Having 2 babies over 1 didn't make life more difficult, no high need(s) baby is easy, but now that we're experts in our home, I'd gladly have another set of twins!! Now I know what I'm doing and I love both my girls with all my heart, along with my older DD of course!!:::

~Patricia~, wife to D, mom to V:, mummy to S/C : , ::. Learning how to be a GREAT mom to my autistic twins and loving it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page