Pelvic Pressure - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2008, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sure there are a million threads on this, but could not find one in the multiples. I am 34 weeks pregnant with b/g twins. Today, I can barely walk from extreme pelvic pressure. I actually require help to start walking sometimes. Usually, if I do get going I am better. Stepping up or getting into bed is really painful. I rather not have my mother-in-law come yet, but I have four other girls (14,12,3 and 17 months - my older ones homeschool so they do help with way more then I am comfortable). I had an emergency c-section (prolapsed cord) two pregnancies ago, then VBAC'ed and am hoping to VBAC, again. Twin B is on the bottom and was breach, but I go to the chiropractor twice a week and I think that he may have turned last week (movement is all in a different place and heartbeat was found lower at last doctor's appointment). I do have an ultrasound on Monday so that should clear things up. Anyway, is this common? How uncomfortable is normal? I read that things could just be weak down there....any suggestions for strengthing things up? Kegels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2008, 09:13 PM

I don't have an answer for you-- I'm only at the end of my first trimester with twins-- but if the pressure is getting intense, I would put myself on bedrest at the very least until your Monday appointment (I know since you already have little ones that's earlier said than done-- but you also need to take care of yourself). 34 weeks is awesome-- hopefully you can hold out a few more weeks to make VBAC possible (since I'm assuming they'll want to c-section before 36 weeks?) If things get worse, I'd call the doctor, just in case! Anyway, good luck!!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:39 PM

I had pelvic pressure from 12 weeks until the end. Sorry I don't have much advice for you, but I wanted to say you go a 17 month old, and you home school and you have other kids. I will officially stop whining about having a 2 year old and twins

Mom to 4 beautiful girls, expecting a blessing in November. Come check out my etsy shop www.bowsweetbow.etsy.com

Old 11-01-2008, 10:05 PM

What you're describing sounds a lot like SPD to me. Horribly painful and you'd really notice it when trying to sit up from lying down, roll over in bed, and begin to walk. I had to grip the wall just to walk to the bathroom after getting out of bed during my twin pregnancy. Ask your chiro about he - s/he may be able to help lessen the pain a bit but honestly, if that's what it is, it's going to take giving birth plus a few months (IME anyway) to get past the pain.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, lots of helpful information! I did have to look up SPD, but when I did find it, I do seem to have almost all the symptoms. I also think I may have come up with a reason that it came on so suddenly. We were at the park and I asked my 14-year-old to set my 17-month-old over a fence. We were by some swings that I did not give notice to as I thought she would run right to me. Instead, she headed for the swings - one of which was being used. My daughter could not get to her, as she was on the other side of the little fence, quick enough so I literally took off running after her. While running, I almost fell down three times from pain in my way lower back/hip/bottom/pelvis. I got her though!! I bet that I will feel way better after seeing the chiropractor Monday morning!! I will post and let you know as I am sort of curious to see if it will help!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+twins View Post
I had to grip the wall just to walk to the bathroom after getting out of bed during my twin pregnancy.
I never had this diagnosed, all my healthcare people did was to give me cocodamol :, but YEAH, PAINFUL .(

Just four weeks later mine has mainly gone though. It's crazy the relief I experienced postnatally - I felt very guilty that I was almost pain free after the births when my little ones were getting so many needles and tubes stuck in them in the NICU. It's a cliche, but I rather would have had the SPD full force again

I had some relief with arnica 200c. I hope your chiro can ease things for you.

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 AM

My SPD also started to really act up right after I had to bolt after my toddler. It was awful those last weeks. It REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY (REALLY) hurts when the chiro adjusts it but then it's better for awhile.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:10 AM

Oh man, I'm definitely experiencing this. I'm 33 weeks pg with twins right now and the pelvic pressure is just unbearable. I'm on bedrest for high BP anyways, but anytime I have to get up is excruciating.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

The chiropractor helped tons! I completely agree that it is VERY uncomfortable to be adjusted once you get this, but there is definitely relief. I am also convinced that he helped get my twin B head down (he is lower and my doctor felt strongly that he needed to be head down to VBAC, again). They are both head down!! Twin A - girl - is around 5 lbs 9 oz and twin B - boy - is around 5 lbs 13 oz. Not bad for 34 weeks. I really would like to get through some more weeks, but am encouraged by all the feedback. I rather be uncomfortable now and have a healthy outcome then have them earlier then is completely healthy for their development (again, I really want to nurse these whipper snappers without supplementing, if at all possible).

User Tag List