10 month old twins..napping a challenge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2008, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Both boys co-sleep with my husband and I at night and while it can be exhausting has been working well and our boys are thriving.
My challenge is nap time. Both like to be rocked to sleep and neither like the crib (will wake up if they are put into it). They don't do well together as they tend to wake eachother up. When I am alone, I often drive them around for one nap and then for the second one, get B down on my bed (with rail...but still not as safe as I would like) and A sleeps on me. This is if A will play by himself while I get B to sleep - usually in 10 min. I have also tried putting A on a soft mat on the floor and he wakes up. This means I get nothing done and if B wakes up I have to go to him...waking up A. I should say that A's separation anxiety is through the roof..at night if I roll over to nurse his brother and he is awake he crys and gets upset I have my back to him! This has been going on for about 2 months
Any advise would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 PM

I've got nothing but commiseration. I've been tandeming them while laying down and then when the one laying on the bed is asleep rolling over with the one on top of me. We've got a futon on the floor next to our bed at this point after Wormy kept falling off. :
Old 11-08-2008, 01:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
At 10 mo we were still doing the rock to sleep or nurse to sleep naps. It was crazy. 3 months later they were starting to fall asleep on their own a little better.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 11-10-2008, 05:58 AM

I know it's SOOOO not green but I would go out for a drive at nap time. I couldn't get them to nap any other way without someone else at home. If someone was home they were worn for naps. It's SOOO hard. Now they're 15 months old and I'm happy to report that around 12-13 months they started napping on their own for hours in the family bed. We got a tres tria and that helped keep them on the bed. Now they're old enough to climb off... as we discovered this am when one was happily playing on the floor . 10 months is a tough age for sleeping, all of mine have been tough at night at this age. I think it's the whole separation anxiety and such. My twins didn't sleep well AT ALL for the first year. Now they're napping 3 hours every afternoon and are flirting with the idea of sleeping more then three hours at night (last night I had 8 hours rest, my Body had no idea how to handle that much sleep ROFLMAO!)

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebloom View Post
I know it's SOOOO not green but I would go out for a drive at nap time. I couldn't get them to nap any other way without someone else at home. If someone was home they were worn for naps. It's SOOO hard. Now they're 15 months old and I'm happy to report that around 12-13 months they started napping on their own for hours in the family bed. We got a tres tria and that helped keep them on the bed. Now they're old enough to climb off... as we discovered this am when one was happily playing on the floor . 10 months is a tough age for sleeping, all of mine have been tough at night at this age. I think it's the whole separation anxiety and such. My twins didn't sleep well AT ALL for the first year. Now they're napping 3 hours every afternoon and are flirting with the idea of sleeping more then three hours at night (last night I had 8 hours rest, my Body had no idea how to handle that much sleep ROFLMAO!)
THANK YOU!! I usually drive them around for the first nap in the morning. It is so good to hear that after the 12 month mark things change. I do see things improving it is just so hard some days to see a light at the end of the tunnel. They sleep at night anywhere from 9-12 hours waking to nurse anywhere from 3-5 times. Naps can be 30 min - 2 hr. (gen. 40min-1hr) You have given me some peace of mind. It is always comforting to hear someone elses experience.

User Tag List