Anyone else here work outside the home? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2004, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went back to work when dd was 3 weeks because dh was laid off. She is now 9 weeks old. I pump for her at work, shich i hate, and nurse on demand at home. He just got a job so I'm hoping that I can stay home a bit cause my supply is taking a hit. At the moment I work 45 hours a week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2004, 03:17 PM

I work outside our home, but I'm able to bring Christopher along. My parents adopted 2 chinese girls within the past 2 years and they work at home...so while my mom works, I take care of them. So during the day I'm responsible for a 5 month old (mine), a 3 year old and special needs 7 year old.
Gives me a taste of what I'm in for! :LOL
Old 02-29-2004, 12:53 AM

I'm a university teacher too, and work two hours every morning. I was heartbroken having to return to work when ds was 4 months old, but it's been going OK this year so far despite my fears. I've found it's actually relaxing to sit in the quiet classroom before 9:30, when class starts, and just organize and think for a few minutes.

Getting out of the house is the tough part, as so many others have said! What a disaster area the house is.

Sadly, I never could pump enough to make it worth my while; dh just gives the baby formula if he's unable to extend him until I get home at 11:45. My milk supply seems fine otherwise, anyway.

By the way, I was in exactly your position for many years--part time, that is--until they needed someone full time, and I got the job. (Yes--here, two hours a day is full time!). I don't adore my job, but you can't beat the hours and the vacations!

ke3

User Tag List