Breaking up with day care provider? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-18-2009, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a feeling we may swap providers soon and I am wondering how do we break up with our current provider...

She is a nice person but not a great DCP.... many reasons....

When we moved to her we had a friend who did care and I could be honest and tell her the commute was killing us...

But I am this providers main source of income... so losing me will be a big hit to her income. I can't keep my DD there- I have issues with her discipline policy, outing policy, food policy, safety policy, ect..... so its not a good fit and anything in the past has just led her to lie more not find a comprimise.

any suggestions- as a person I like her well enough- she is nice and her kids (16 & 11) LOVE my DD.... and I hate hurting peoples feelings and this is like a firing... UGH

any help?

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 PM

I would just tell the truth and tell her that it is not a good fit for your family anymore. If she asks for specifics you can elaborate, but if you have tried to work out solutions beforehand she may have an idea already.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#3 of 3 Old 05-18-2009, 07:45 PM

I'd let her know as soon as possible and offer her 2 week's notice (if the issues are just annoying one, not anything dangerous, of course!). It's up to you what you tell her, so think about it and work out something you are comfortable saying and that doesn't push you into the 'hurting feelings' territory. If you are anything like me, you'll even practice it out loud a few times And I'm not sure how old DC is, but if it's old enough to talk, I'd be very careful to watch what I say about the situation in front of her. Kids are quite gifted at quoting parents at the wrong times, you know

WOHM to DS11 and DD9, both T1Ds

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page