I called CPS yesterday :( ~~WEIRD UPDATE POST 103~~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2009, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow! i am so glad you called! and that is the absolute first time i have ever told anyone that. I have no idea how anyone could ever tolerate that kind of suffering in any child.

on the eczema and staph though, if you can get the grandma to give her consent for it since she seems to be the one in charge at the moment, honey (applied like a cream) is great for both of those, and really helps to promote healing, and also suppresses allergies (which is what most eczema is). Especially if you really don't have anything prescription to put on her right now. It really helped my dd who had pretty deep eczema on her arm for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
honey (applied like a cream) is
would the sugar content in that be contraindicated for yeast/fungus?

8 might be enough
Old 05-30-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the thoughts and ideas! It's been a crazy busy week, thus no update until now. The little girl is doing MUCH MUCH better as of yesterday afternoon. I am shocked at how much better it is than last Friday (when I called). After the dr appointment I mentioned neither the parents nor the grandparents dropped off the girl. There was a woman that nobody had ever seen before dropped her off. Very well dressed but didn't really seem too invested in the kid (just set her on the floor, handed over her diaper bag and left). I don't know if that's the case worker or what?? The grandma picked the baby up that night but there were 2 other parents in the room so I couldn't say anything to her (privacy issues). Yesterday the dad picked up the baby so the parents are still involved. He mentioned that she will be going to the dr every 2 weeks.

So, hopefully this is the last update on the baby that I will need to post. She's doing a ton better (hopefully she still is by Monday) and will be going to the dr every 2 weeks. It seems the grandma is more involved now and the parents are still involved (and hopefully LEARNING how to care for the baby). Seems like the best possible outcome

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
: : the mother in me is rejoicing so much at your update. as pp said somewhere in this thread this is possibly teh best reason to call CPS on MDC.

yeah i sure hope everyone is learning!!!

THANK YOU!!!

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 05-30-2009, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
would the sugar content in that be contraindicated for yeast/fungus?
That's a good question... I was just thinking how great it was if I could use honey on my dd's eczema, she would think it was so fun I don't know the answer for sure, but I would guess that raw honey would not be a risk for feeding yeast and fungus topically. It doesn't get moldy in the hive, and it is used for a preservative for years and years, like the mummies they found in Egypt. But, I don't have a real answer, just my hunch.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 05-30-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondiapers View Post
a medical note is just a form made by licensing that the parents sign, lol. The same for diaper cream and other OTC meds.
Oh I see! Around here medical note = physician's note.

Thus the confusion.

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
Old 05-31-2009, 06:23 PM

Yay Steph! That's SUCH good news! :

Of course, because of confidentiality, you'll never know how much, or even if, your call to CPS helped that little girl. But it might have been the catalyst that got this little girl the care that she needed. So yay for you for doing what you knew was right, and yay for the system that (in spite of the horror stories we hear) often works just the way it's supposed to!

computergeek2.gif

Old 05-31-2009, 09:37 PM

glad it seems that things are improving for this little one. Just as an FYI, in my state mandated reporters are able to find out if abuse was substantiated after making a report. So steph, you could maybe find out, if you wanted to.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:30 AM

Awesome job, Steph!

Mama of 10yo dd, 7 yo ds, and 22 month old ds. No VAX, Anti-Circ, Lactivist, EC, UCB x 2. 

Old 06-01-2009, 08:20 AM

I'm glad to hear she is doing better, you did great!

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What a relief. I feel sick and shuddery at reading that poor baby's experience earlier on. Makes me want to cry and rage!!!

I wondered as I was reading if the parents wanted to refuse treatment due to spiritual beliefs or something???

Anyway, it's great to hear the baby is doing better now. But I am concerned for her long term health and safety. Okay this was just this incident now taken care of. But what about the next time she has a serious flare up? Or what about some other kind of illness over the years? (Not trying to rain on the parade here, just airing some concerns).

Thank goodness she got the help she needed. I really hope the grandmother, who seems to take proper care of the baby, will be more involved into the future. I wonder what's up with the parents...?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 07-10-2009, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE!!!!

So, the baby (and her brothers) last day was last Thursday. A new daycare opened right across the street from their house so the parents/grandparents decided that would work better for everyone. I didn't get to say good-bye to the baby last week because my son was in the hospital (from Wednesday to Saturday). Apparently the dad was upset when he picked up the baby and told my co-workers he was upset because I wasn't there and I had promised to say good-bye to the baby (which I did, but come on... how was I supposed to know my son would get ill and be admitted to the hospital!?!). So today I came into work (I only worked the afternoon instead of all day today) and my boss called me into the office (uh-oh, I'm thinking!). She hands me a card that's from the baby and her family. Apparently they had come in this morning looking for me The card thanked me for caring about the baby and taking good care of her and loving on her and said they wanted to come by sometime and get a picture of the baby with me. Also included was a gift card to a store. It was really sweet. The weird part- the other 2 workers in the baby room got nothing. Not even a thank you card. I feel really bad because the parents don't know I was the one who called CPS, obviously. But they could obviously see I love and care deeply for their little girl.

I feel weird about the gift though. I'm tempted to spend it on an outfit for the baby (and maybe something for the older brother) and just have it handy as a gift when they come by to say goodbye (my boss said they mentioned coming by Monday when I work all day).

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 07-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post
I feel weird about the gift though. I'm tempted to spend it on an outfit for the baby (and maybe something for the older brother) and just have it handy as a gift when they come by to say goodbye (my boss said they mentioned coming by Monday when I work all day).
Don't feel weird about the gift Steph. These parents wanted to give you something to let you know that they appreciate you. Feel blessed that you are appreciated at work.

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006
Old 07-11-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity6232000 View Post
Don't feel weird about the gift Steph. These parents wanted to give you something to let you know that they appreciate you. Feel blessed that you are appreciated at work.
Ditto.

User Tag List