Celebrate with me! (I need to kinda vent too) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-22-2009, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really did like my job, as far as the job was concerned, but hated a few co-workers. See, I was the afternoon preschool teacher at a learning center. I had 3 staff that I worked with in the afternoon that were amazing. I loved working with them. They did their jobs well and we all became friends. Our afternoons ran very smoothly and we got a lot of parent compliments. My morning counterparts hated this.

I took extra work when offered outside our center (we're just a small part of a larger company) and learned a lot of the office work too to help out our boss. My counterparts have been there 10x longer than I have and never offered help or learned extra duties. They don't like that the room is decorated with the artwork we do, don't like that the kids say "Kristine does it THIS way". They basically didn't like that I have a mind of my own and can hold down my own classroom with no problems. I'm not a first year graduate who has never taught preschool. Meaning, they had to WORK.

They started coming up with things I was doing wrong. Hanging artwork was wrong (I'm serious! I laughed and the parents commented on how they loved the artwork). Started blaming me for things I had nothing to do with. They couldn't find a toy so they'd say I must have thrown it out. (and later they'd find it wherever they shoved it) They tried going to my boss with random crap and she ignored them because it was stupid and nothing I was doing wrong. (My boss would tell me and we'd have a good laugh about it) When I ignored them, they started harassing my aides. Made up extra "chores" for them to do. Really petty stuff. They told the maintenance crew not to clean our floors because they'd have my aides get down and scrub it on hands and knees. Whatever. I told my aides to bring Drs notes (all 3 have some wort of medical issue that does prevent them from doing that sort of thing) and the morning crew ended up doing it, lmao. Backfired!

They brag about how many afternoon teachers they have run off over the years.

But they nit picked so much that I finally told my boss to consider me for other positions within the company. I got offered a promotion. All my hard work and extra work paid off and I am moving to a position with a lot more responsibility, better pay and a flexible schedule. Its the perfect job to have while I'm in school and with my kids. (PS, company offers free childcare) Best part, it has nothing to do with the preschool program. I'm gone!

They've known for a month that I was leaving and only recently found a replacement, someone with no experience that has to get a state variance because he didn't even go to school for this. We're taking bets on how long he lasts. Over the past month the girls I work with took me out to a goodbye dinner and started putting in applications at other facilities. They don't want to work there once I'm gone. Friday was my last day, the girls brought in cake, cupcakes, balloons, decorated my SUV, the whole works. We have plans to meet once a month for dinner.

The morning teachers didn't even say goodbye. :

Its Saturday morning and its just now setting in that I will not have to go to work on Monday to the drama. I'm free. I can't tell you how giddy I am!! I'll miss my kids, but not the drama.

Monday I start my new job and I start fall classes. Its going to be a great week!

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#2 of 4 Old 08-23-2009, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
:

Good luck in your new position!

" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/familybed2.gif">familybed2.gif  DD1 12/05, DD2 12/08

Computer Engineer- I write better in 1's and 0's. ;-)
#3 of 4 Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 PM

Congratulations! I'm glad you never let them get to you, so sorry for anyone else that has to deal with those people. Ugh, I never will understand why some people want to be that way. Don't they get that it is so much better for everyone if everyone tries to get along, especially when you are "stuck" with someone(s)?

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#4 of 4 Old 08-24-2009, 11:04 PM

Good for you and what a really crappy situation to be in!
For the record I took my daughter out of a day care where it was obvious that the staff did not get along and was doing just those sorts of passive aggressive things. We got a slot at a day care within walking distance from the house, so that was nice.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page