Mothering Forum banner

Anyone going back to work December?

379 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  turkeygw 
#1 ·
I start a new job in December, and on one hand am happy about having more money for our family, being able to pay off more bills, access to health insurance, etc. I will however, miss eating breakfast w/my kids at school, being able to pick them up, and unfortunately having to put them in safekey(nothing against safekey-I just really wish we had a relative instead). I'll also be working weekends(it seems like every job here in Vegas involves working weekends), so that'll really suck. I know with this economy I should be grateful to start a job, but right now I'm just anxious. Until I get a car, we will always have childcare issues, because the location of safekey isn't on a bus route, plus all those odd days kids have off, like pto, staff meeting, nevada day, etc. I'm really trying to stay positive, but there are so many other concerns with the new job that it sort of takes away from just being happy to have a job coming.

I really wish I could just win several million dollars and not have to deal w/it then. I'm also going to be biking to work, because taking the bus is risking being late(and I don't want to be late even one day, especially during 90 day probation).

Anyone else nervous/anxious about starting a new job/restless and worrying?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.