Thinking about NEXT semester - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-16-2009, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I am not completely done with this semester yet. I just finished my philosophy final to turn in tonight and have some review and then final on saterday for my int. alg class. I am glad and proud of how well i've done. It's been easy in fact. I didn't have regular childcare just a sitter here and there and a friend watching the kids. One class was "self paced" and the other was normal. Both were accelerated classes though (8 weeks). I feel so great that when I started on this rocky and insane road in mid sept with so much going on i still MADE it. I have 6 credits added to my belt.

So i'm enrolled and signed up for 2 more classes for spring. However it didn't fall into place as easily this time and i'm worried about a few things. I am due the first week of april. Accelerated classes end March 18 (or something like that) BUT there was just hardly ANYTHING I wanted to take and no math class (i like math!) that I could take without bending myself out of shape and also not utilizing the cheap daycare I finally have.

I have daycare for spring on campus. The only slot however was 2-6 p.m. m-f. Only the normal 16 week math class was available at the same campus and at that time. So I am in that class (MW class). I also signed up for a psy class (human sexuality) that's accelerated and an online course. Yes there was an availability of the math class online too but i'm not sure about that....

I just am worried about the baby time. Obviously 6 weeks is the min to start an infant in daycare and that isn't until the semester is actually over. I also HAVE to take the kids to daycare every day or i loose my spot/funding etc. Which is a hinderance and helpful. I am going to try and ask for some time off for at least a week after the baby's born cause there is no WAY that i am going to be able to get out the door (or want to) by myself for a bit. However later I can use the time to catch up on house work or sleep if needed. I am also going to try and make the math class accelerated (i.e. do all my homework before the baby comes) and just hope that I exams and finals are either take home or I can arrange them well in advance.

I have the daycare every day even though my schedule is only MW and online. So I figure up until march i can have t, th as my psy course, mw for math and friday to do whatever is pertinent. In some ways I feel like its going to be off balance. It was easy for me this semester without childcare so I feel like I should take on another accelerated class but then I know that balancing and figureing out a new family dynamic is going to be difficult in the last part of the semester so I should give myself that wiggle room where ever I can get it.

That all makes sense right? I didn't miss something? That's seriously what I need....a mental note checker! I'm just trying to make sure that I utilize my time correctly and also don't bite off more than I can chew.

Oh and BTW i am a single parent, kids father's are not involved so far (i.e. visitations). Also after the baby's born I'm pretty sure that I'll have some more court battleing to do with my in jail sperm donor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-19-2009, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It sounds like you have things settled pretty well! Don't know what else to say, just wanted to offer a as another mama due once school starts and trying to figure out how to juggle it.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page