Any working mamas pregnant right now??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-20-2004, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 15wks and working 40 hours and taking care of a 2 year old is getting to me. Not only physically but mentally too.

I am curious if any others are in the same boat and how your are cooping?
#2 of 15 Old 02-20-2004, 07:20 PM

Welllll....

I just found out two days ago that I'm expecting number 2. Last PG I stopped working at around 6 months PG so had a nice easy time of it. This time I'll be working right up to it, and I know that will be tough when the time draws near. Those last few weeks were rough! I'll have DH home with me for the first little while (he's SAHD to our 19 month old right now, but he'll have to go back to WOH so I can have a year off with this new baby). I'm sure it's going to be a real handful with 2 once he goes back to work.

But right now I'm just very excited!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#3 of 15 Old 02-20-2004, 08:31 PM

I'm not in that situation now, but I was working FT while pg w/ds and dd was 15 mos when I found out I was pg. I just eliminated anything that wasn't absolutely necessary and took as much help as I could get (which wasn't too much). I was still exhausted all the time, but I just took one day at a time and somehow made it through.

This time, I'm a FT student and am pg w/my third. I'm exhausted all the time, I feel like I'm barely keeping up with school work, house work, and kids. Dh is on 12 hr days 3 or 4 days a week, so he's home 1/2 the week, which is wonderful. If he weren't, I honestly don't think I would make it. Again, I'm just taking one day at a time and somehow will get through.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#4 of 15 Old 02-21-2004, 02:59 AM

I was in the same boat until I delivered my #2 baby in Dec. My #1 was 18 mos at the time. My 2nd pregnancy was much harder on my physically that the 1st pregnancy and having a young toddler was tough. It became more difficult as I got bigger. I used a saftey harness because I could not keep up w/ her in my last trimester and she would not ride in a stroller. THat really helped me out a lot. I also could not pick her up as much and really had to teach her to be gentle around my belly.

I could not have made it through the pregnancy w/o my DH. He took on more of our daily chores around the house and even took additional tasks in caring for dd. It allowed me to unwind and relaxed as soon as I got home. He also made sure I had a good diet.
#5 of 15 Old 02-21-2004, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

No DH here... Just a boyfriend who feels the only way we will get by when I take 6 months for maternity, is to work 80 hrs a week. Which, is NOT neccessary!!

So basically I do everything but take out the trash.... Very frustrating and tiring. Not to mention just moving and everything so out of place that it is driving me nuts!
#6 of 15 Old 02-24-2004, 12:46 PM

Hoping to be PG soon, my post IVF PG test is next monday so my fingers are crossed! I am nervous about working and being PG with a 2 1/2 YO. When I was PG with #1 I was exhausted all the time but could just leave work and go right to bed. Now, evenings are the most important times of my day. its when my son and I re-connect . My rule is the first 45 minutes home are just his-no phone, computer, reading mail, making dinner, nothing except focusing on him. I have a feeling if I am lucky enough to be PG, we will spending our time coneccting by snuggling in bed!

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#7 of 15 Old 02-24-2004, 01:08 PM

Wow! Congrats on the new pregnancies!

Not pregnant here. I've started the likely long conversation with DH on whether or not there will be a #2. I've decided that I'm going to make a decision on whether or not to ditch the academia track in April. If I ditch it, I think the decision will be easier.
#8 of 15 Old 02-25-2004, 03:54 PM

I am currently pregnant with my second and working full time. The first several months were exhausting for me, then the second trimester flew by. Now, I am my seventh month, and I am back to being exhausted.

DH works evenings so that he can be home with ds during the day, and ds and I go to my mom's house for dinner etc, so my mom has been a great help.

In addition, I am taking 9 hours of classes online. Luckily, I can study and do schoolwork during my breaks and lunch.

I am tired all of the time and it is not the ideal situation, but it's working for us so far.
#9 of 15 Old 02-25-2004, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas for sharing! It is so nice too know, there are more mamas in the same/similar boat.

Sending BFP vibes your way HollyBearsMom!
#10 of 15 Old 02-27-2004, 02:13 PM

Hey all! I'm pregnant with my 3rd (I have two daughters from a previous marriage, and this is the first, and last, baby with my new husband). I'm working full-time, as I did through my other pregnancies, and I'll tell you, this time around is rough! Maybe it's because I'll be 40 this year....every little thing is just magnified, every ache and pain. The commute (@ 40 minutes each way, sometimes worse on bad traffic days) is really getting to me, and even sitting in my chair just kills my back.

I'm still working full time, and I'm almost 35 weeks along. I go to the doctor next week, and hopefully he'll put me out of work on disability. My company is very large and self-insured, so state disability isn't an option. I have to have a legitimate medical reason for not being able to work, and I hope to talk my doc into making something up, because I really don't know how much longer I can do this!

My daughters came @ 1-1/2 to 2 weeks early, if I recall....maybe that's something I can use at my visit!
#11 of 15 Old 03-05-2004, 05:10 PM

I've been MIA from this forum for several months, due to crazy work and - no surprise - our second pregnancy. The first trimester was horrible, and compounded by the fact that I had to travel quite a bit for my job as well. Second trimester, as someone else mentioned, just flew by. I'm now at 32 (or is it 33?) weeks - I haven't really been keeping up (read: obsessed) with this pregnancy as I was with the first - and the fatigue has set in again. I have a two-year-old at home also, so life is rather difficult. And, yes, this pregnancy has been physically harder. I don't know if it's the toddler, the nature of the second pregnancy, or both, but it is a bit harder.

I would love, love, love early disability this time. Last time, I was eager to work right up until the end, but I am so over work (and overworked) right now, I'm done. Besides, I need some time to finish some home projects before little Cookie makes an appearance. :

Peaceful pregnancies to all!
#12 of 15 Old 03-08-2004, 02:48 PM

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with baby #2. My DS will be turning 1 this Wednesday. I work full-time, but fortunately since DS was born I am able to work at home 2 days a week. The pregnancy hasn't been too bad, I am just tired and have a little morning-sickness. But I forgot how much I enjoyed being pregnant.
#13 of 15 Old 03-09-2004, 10:48 AM

I am 25 weeks pregnant with #2 and also working 40 hours a week. I was getting my MBA but am taking a break. I stopped classes around December. It was just getting to be too much. I might take one more class, just a prereq, next term. The prereqs are easy undergrad things so it should require too much of my time.

I am trying to swing a deal so I can work at home after this baby is born. I am a graphic designer so it should be pretty easy. Otherwise I will only work part-time or none at all... if I don't work I will have to get a loan to finish school though.

1st tri I was wiped out all the time. Second tri is ok, I go to the gym 3 days a week which isn't bad. I imagine 3rd tri will be interesting, especially once it starts getting hot!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#14 of 15 Old 03-18-2004, 01:55 AM

I work 32 hours flex time. I have so needed it this pregnancy. First trimester was a blur of sleep. I have just started to get back into the swing of things, but not really. I am 19 weeks along with #5. DH is taking 18 credits this semester on top of working f/t so he is NO help. There is no way I could handle 40 hours a week with my life!
I have started to work on my commute though. I got a headset for my cell phone and I call my sister and we chat sometimes during those 30 minutes one way, I listen to Jeopardy on the radio on the way home and sometimes call my dad about the answers!
#15 of 15 Old 03-27-2004, 12:27 PM

I am 6 weeks pregnant w/ #2. I am hoping to work as long as possible with this pregnancy. I am having trouble with working around the morning sickness. I can be on the phone all day with patients and that seems to make the nausea worse. I asked for extra projects and they are not coming in. I hope this job can work until #2 gets here. DH is already freaking out about the year off I am demanding.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page