childcare - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-21-2004, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a single mother of 3 children (11,11,7) I am working night shift so that I can homeschool my kids during the day and be with them as much as possible. I am in desperate need of nighttime childcare 3 nights a week. Any suggestions????
#2 of 5 Old 02-22-2004, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
How about a college student who would be willing to stay overnight? I noticed you are in Princeton, where there should be many of them. You could talk to the college's guidance or job office. Maybe they can do extensive screening of applicants because of the child-related nature of the job.

Whew, it's a tough one, but that's the first thing that came to mind!

#3 of 5 Old 02-22-2004, 05:53 PM

Hi monty - first of all

Welcome to Mothering!

You might want to check out the "Finding Your Tribes" forums here at MDC. This one is for the New Jersey area. Some of the mamas might be able to recommend someone in your area.

Good luck!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#4 of 5 Old 02-24-2004, 06:14 PM

Please take care of yourself! When do you sleep!?!?

If you have an "extra" room in your living space, you could consider a home share. Where I live there is actually an agency that facilitates placing people who would like to work in exchange for a place to live with people who have space and need help. They market their services for older people, but I believe anyone in need can apply.

Really, though... you need to rest, too!
#5 of 5 Old 03-03-2004, 10:59 AM

I know I am late in replying to this thread, but I wanted to second the idea about a college or even grad student. When I was in graduate school, I helped out a local midwife by spending the night at her house whenever she was on call (usually twice per week). Her daughter was 12. I came over around 5:00pm, and basically hung out with her daughter for the evening, slept in their guest room and left by 8:00 the next morning. She paid me $50 for each night. It was a great situation for all involved!

Good Luck!

Trying to get my bearings...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page