I am going to be changing positions in my company. I currently work from home in a sales capacity. It is a a long (about a year) sale and I am just not very good at it; I am very good at the short sale.
Anyway, after speaking with my boss and being honest about my current position he has offered me a new position in the company. The job is very well suited to my skill set.
My question is, what kind of pay so you think is reasonable for the new position? the new position will require that I work from the office. This is a 30 mile drive each way and will require that I get after school childcare for my kids ($400). I am meeting with my boss tomorrow morning to work out the details and to negotiate pay. Below is the job description.
• Managing Database
• Managing all sales conferences. (About 8 a year)
• Attend conferences as needed. (About 5 a year)
• Managing sales campaigns (email and direct mail) in all verticals
• Managing Holiday Gifts for clients
• Work with Alliance partners to enhance our relationship and value
• Increase company's exposure through blogs and internet markerting/postings, etc."
Sales and Sales Support:
• Continuing to Work on Existing pipeline
• Will research the top 200 prospects in our current verticals and provide feedback on proper contact information to sales
• Lead generation for sales
• Will work with current clients in a customer support role to ensure proper usage of accounts that have been placed as well as be very proactive in reorders on accounts running low
• Discuss completion reports with clients on a monthly basis, if applicable
• Research new potential verticals