switching jobs soon after return to work? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-01-2010, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just returned to work this week after 10 months of maternity leave.

My original plan while on leave was to search for a different, more fulfilling, job to return to... but well that didn't happen and I thought I could suck it up. Yeah, not so much. I really hate it at work.

There's a job that's posted at my work in a different department that is exactly what I want to be doing right now (I mean second to being a SAHM, which is not financially possible). I would like to apply for this new job.

How does it look to an employer to be applying for another job so soon after return from mat leave? Will it look bad?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-01-2010, 12:05 PM

i don't think it's too bad... you'd still be at the same company, and especially if it's a position doing exactly what you wanrt to be doiung - i would think that your company would be happy to be keeping you, rather than having you switch companies to find a more fulfilling job.
(sorry - nak)
#3 of 3 Old 05-04-2010, 01:48 AM

No it won't look bad. It's not like you applied for a job and then quit a couple weeks later, putting them out a bunch of money in the hiring and training process. You simply took the time off that you were entitled to for having a baby. There shouldn't be any kind of penalty and you shouldn't have to prove your reliability all over again.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page