I hate my job, but.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-10-2004, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to work. I only work one 12 hour night shift a week. (Friday nights). I know it isn't lot, and I should be happy that I don't need to work more than this, but I just can't stand being a nurse anymore. I really don't have any other option due to the fact that whatever else I would enjoy doing outside the home, doesn't pay well at all, or I would have to go back to school to do it.
Going back to school isn't an option right now, because dh is in school and working full time at a new job... which if things go well, will allow mw to stop working all together and maybe even go to school part time. Which is great, except that it feels 100 years away! It really is only about 18 months away... and I will be home with a new babay for a small piece of that, but ****! UGH!
And I feel so bad that I complain about having to work once a week, when so many people have to work so much more, but man, I hate my job!
What do any of you do if you hate your job, to make it more bareable? Until something new comes along?
H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#2 of 5 Old 03-10-2004, 01:32 PM

Well, I'm actively searching for a new job - sending out resumes, going on interviews, meeting with headhunters, etc. That's probably not an option if you're pregnant, though!

Sorry I couldn't be more help...I hope that your DH's work takes off!
#3 of 5 Old 03-10-2004, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mostly I am just whining because Friday is looming in the distabce. I think this is the worst part of hating my job, is the anxiety I feel when the day gets closer! UGH.

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#4 of 5 Old 03-11-2004, 12:37 AM

Fellow nurse here

I still love it, but i know of many who are burned out. Can you transfer to another department that interests you? How about Case Management, educator, etc.

If not, then just keep plugging alond till you can quit, and continue to feel a bit grateful your not doing it 3 or 5 nights a week!
#5 of 5 Old 03-11-2004, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

I am grateful! I am burnt out, which is sad because I have only been doing this for 10 years (going on 11 WOW!)I thought I would want to do this forever. But I just don't.
At this point there really isn't any other department (I work float pool and do ER, ICU, tele, M/S, blaa blaa) but I can't work during the day (nor do I want too. AGH, how anyone can work a day shift I will never know! :LOL ).
Mostly I am just crabbing. I REALLY just want to be a SAHM. Maybe do some herbology on the side. You know what I wish.. I wish I had some Talent... you know write, or music or paint or something artistic. I just feel trapped in a job that I don't like and I feel like I am wasting away the days waiting till I no longer have to go. And it isn't like where I work is the bowel of hell or anything, it is a nice little hospital, great staff, I really like my boss she is so nice. And once I get to owrk I am OK, it's just GETTING there. Maybe it's the routine change. I am home 6 days a week, the change is so tuff. I just wanna be home!

H

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page