Job Hunt, follow up letter/email to cover letter and application - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-10-2010, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that following up on the cover letter and resume is important but I am struggling with how to word a follow up letter.

I'm pretty good with creative cover letters, and avoiding the potentially fatal string of I, I, Is and Me, Me, Mes ... because after all, it isn't about me, it's about the prospective employer.

The alternative in a brief follow up is to say simply that --"In follow up"-- but that sounds dreadfully boring.

Despite my best efforts at Googling I have only found some basic tips on what to cover, with no original suggestions on wording.

Any I'd appreciate any input.

~Cath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 AM

Go back to the job posting you responded to. Pick the three most compelling things they're looking for. Now, tell them how you are exactly the candidate with those three qualities, and how you're looking forward to discussing your qualifications as they relate to their business. Close with a promise to contact them within a timeframe. Refer to the date you sent your resume and letter, so they know you're following up and not applying again (or another applicant).

Also, know that the stacks of applicants are big. Sell yourself on the qualities they want. Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2010, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Now, tell them how you are exactly the candidate with those three qualities
1jooj,
I kind of knew this already, but having you boil it down this succinctly was really helpful.

Thanks so much,

~Cath

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page