I found a wonderful babysitter! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-12-2004, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I didn't think I would be able to find someone with dd's special needs and an angel called me on the phone last week and I finally met her today. She's been homeschooling since her 22 yr old was in 4th grade. She was a preschool teacher, ran a home daycare for 13 years. She only has her 10 yr old dd at home now who is home schooled and she has worked with kids with dd's issues before and has no problem with it! The woman sounds like a dream come true and is willing to do it for the pay the state pays which is about $2.50 hr. She's almost to good to be true and now i'm wondering why is she willing to do this for such low pay... I know I should just count my blessings for finding her but now i'm really wondering... how awful is that?!

Seriously?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-13-2004, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats!
I'm happy these days if the kids come home fed and no one's been dropped on their head..lol.
My state pays $1 an hour...I don't even think that covers daycare.
I pay about $3 and some change an hour..I wish I could pay more...thankfully most child care providers are used to being underpaid ...I've met very few that thought they were going to get rich doing it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page