these past two weeks have been hard......... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-18-2004, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i feel so run down and tired from the moment i wake up. i 've accepted a 3 week teaching assignment at a small public pre-school in addition to my regular afternoon job. and it is killing me. it is a crazy schedule. from 8:30 until noon i'm at the morning sub job and from 2:15-5:30 i'm at my regular teaching job......it is killing me. i have no morning time with dd and it is really making me sad. usually i don't work in the morning or if i do it is in an assisstant position and i just take orders from the regular teacher and support him or her. but now i'm responsible for the curiculum. the job ends 3-26. so for the two hours i have i run around going to the grocery store, running errands, coming home and cleaning..........and the kids' dad still complains!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yesterday i took the afternoon off and picked up dd early from pre-school. she had a major tantrum leaving screaming to the top of her lungs "I DON'T WANNA GO HOME . I WANNA STAY AT SCHOOL AND PLAY.! all the way home. no joke. i am just so tired. my brain is so full. I don't see dd from 8am until 5 pm and seems like it is fine with her. i've thought about a small gift for her. but that would be a "guilt gift" it is like "Here, sorry i can't spend time with you in the morning, have a butterfly barbie.............''

I was driving yesterday and started crying................i am so tired. and the anniversary of the war is coming. and it is terrible. what this country is doing makes me cry.........that is another thread..

oh, and tonight i have to do a literacy workshop and my afternoon job............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-18-2004, 12:19 PM

Jannan,

I know it can be tough pushing all sorts of stuff into our days and I feel for you. I wish you restful nights and tons of energy for the next week while you fulfill your commitments.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#3 of 3 Old 03-18-2004, 12:24 PM

I know its hard but the good news it the assignment is over in just 7 business days. + you will have extra money and that is always good!

I dont think you should buy a "guilt" gift. I think you should save that money for a day when the gig is over and you can spend in on a "date" with your daughter. You will both appreciate that more than a butterfly barbie that is sure to be a passing fancy for her and just another thing to "pick up after" for you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page