Baby drinking all I can pump--how to persuade caregiver not to use freezer stash? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2010, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake201 View Post
Yeah, she's continuing the trend so far--reverse cycling, I think it's called? I'm wondering if I can cut back to pumping just twice per day since now I'm getting SO much extra...
If I were in your shoes (and I was) I'd wait a bit (maybe until she's 5-6 months old) before cutting back a pumping session, unless it was really cutting into your work day/schedule. but eventually, you can cut from 3 to 2 and then to none around a year old, if you want!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
3 months could be a growth spurt.

You already have some good advice here.

I was just going to suggest slow-flow nipples and smaller bottles, too + paci and make a rule for mom not to feed after 5:00 as has already been said.

Happy and in love with my family!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake201 View Post

Yeah, she's continuing the trend so far--reverse cycling, I think it's called? I'm wondering if I can cut back to pumping just twice per day since now I'm getting SO much extra...

I second the motion to WAIT and not cut back on pumping. If I were you, I'd focus on really getting a situation that is pleasant and comfortable with the pump. Solve the thrush and other issues. Also I second the Gentian Violet suggestion - works wonders.

You never know when that freezer stash will come in handy! ...if you're like me, later on it will be nice to go on a date or out with the girls periodically and do a "pump and dump" guilt free since you have the big stash! thumb.gif Or, later on, you could decide to donate it, and wouldn't that feel good?

K: high school teacher and mama to DS1 (7/07), loss (10/10) and DS2 (7/12). Married to my best friend and soon to be elementary school teacher!

User Tag List