This week went pretty well. Here were my goals:
1. Finish I3 proposal and submit by Friday. It is done. It's due Monday.
2. Finish cleaning up sections 1-4 on BFR by Wed. I finished cleaning up sections 1, 2, and 4 and sent it to colleagues by Wed! Sec 3 is waiting on someone else.
3. Work on Rav section of BFR for 30 min/day ALL week. I finished the Rav section by Wed.
4. Merge 2 spreadsheets and prep for submission to funding agency. What a pain in the rear this has been. Not quite there yet - need to have some serious conversation with author of spreadsheet #1.
Next week's goals:
1. Finish section 3 of BFR, pending info from colleague (Mon?). Done.
2. Write those last 2 short sections of BFR (Mon and Tues). One is done and the other is delegated and now they are both done.
3. Clean up entire document, including comments from others. (by Thurs) Working on it right now. DONE!
4. Send the blasted BFR off by Friday (due Friday!). DONE!!!!
5. Write abstract and submit by Friday. Done!
Question for you all. This spring has just been one deadline after another for me, so I've been fairly productive. I can usually make deadlines. The problem is that I tend to crash afterwards and lose all momentum. How do keep going?
(I'm beginning to think I should submit all of my papers to special issues simply because they have deadlines. I can make deadlines. I can't motivate myself to get the papers done that don't have deadlines.)