What jobs don't require you to deal with people? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also have my BA in English. After working in lots of Admin assistant type jobs and being unhappy due to gossip, office politics and drama, I decided to go to grad school for museum studies. It was the best decision ever. I've worked behind the scenes in museums ever since. I have typically worked by myself, cataloging, writing, researching or planning exhibits. I get to use my English degree every day. I normally wear jeans and birkenstocks to work. Museums seem to attract introverted sorts of employees like me. I worked on one project where I spent 2 years in a room cataloging artifacts. I would listen to audiobooks and podcasts while entering information into a database. It was great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

That would be so wonderful! And, to both of you, I absolutely love science and would really like doing that, but it seems any type of lab or science based job requires that your degree be in the sciences. I really would like to go to grad school. If it didn't matter what people thought, I would find a way to do that. As a single mom though I already got judged so harshly for getting a 4 year degree.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Soltera View Post

That would be so wonderful! And, to both of you, I absolutely love science and would really like doing that, but it seems any type of lab or science based job requires that your degree be in the sciences. I really would like to go to grad school. If it didn't matter what people thought, I would find a way to do that. As a single mom though I already got judged so harshly for getting a 4 year degree.

I had a baby while I was in Law School - its not something I would recommend, but I did it, and several of my classmates had children as well.  Having a child, and being a single mom, shouldn't stop you from pursuing grad school.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:43 PM

I've heard several people say that working as a postal carrier/mail woman is very nice if you like to be alone. I work alone from home as an account manager for my husbands small internet business... but also work out of the home part time bc I would go stir crazy without some interaction... but even the few hours of interpersonal contact is more than enough for me... can't stand the drama... I have other priorities, thanks ;)

User Tag List