Would love to get this job!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just sent my CV in for a job that I think I would really like, and would fit reasonably well with kids schedule. I think it would be a great fit - would be way more fulfilling than what I'm doing right now.

I haven't told anyone how much I want this job, in case I don't get an interview (job description is so specific it looks destined for an internal candidate), but I'll tell MDC: I really want this job!!! 

Mama to my 2 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-29-2011, 11:18 AM

Good luck!  Keep us posted.

#3 of 5 Old 05-29-2011, 11:21 AM

Good luck!

Never doubt that a small group of committed, thoughtful people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
#4 of 5 Old 05-29-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!!!

I don't want to raise my hopes so am staying quiet about it irl, but I would love an interview to show them how right I would be for the job.

Sigh... 

What is the protocol - can I phone after a week and ask if candidates have been chosen for an interview? It says on the application that only candidates they are interested in will be contacted...

Mama to my 2 boys
#5 of 5 Old 06-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisymama12 View Post

Thanks!!!

I don't want to raise my hopes so am staying quiet about it irl, but I would love an interview to show them how right I would be for the job.

Sigh... 

What is the protocol - can I phone after a week and ask if candidates have been chosen for an interview? It says on the application that only candidates they are interested in will be contacted...

How strongly worded is it?  I worked for a company once that always put "No phone calls please" in all of our ads... and if someone called and seemed totally oblivious to this we threw their resume in the trash.  (We worked in in-bound sales so literally our time on the phone was money, that's why we didn't want people clogging up the phone lines - so this may not be as frowned upon in other industries.)

But my husband worked in recruiting for several years and I imagine he would say you could call in a week to make sure they recieved your CV and ask if they had any questions.  Which is a good idea - I did this for my current job and it turned out they had not received my resume and I had to resubmit it.  And I got the job :)

So I guess what I'm saying is strike a balance - I wouldn't call and outright ask if you were getting an interview, but do confirm that they recieved your resume at least.

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page