Call back after interviews... any thoughts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am an elementary teacher in grad school working on a masters in counseling pysch who wants to work with emotionally disturbed adolescents (middle school and up).  I applied for a position that I am a bit overly qualified for, but I am trying to break into a different field and a new, older population.

So... I had three interviews (1. group interview, 2. interactive interview, 3. individual interview) for a classroom counselor (basically supporting the SPED teacher and students with behavior issues) position at a very large non-profit organization that provides services to emotionally disturbed children and their families. All three interviews went great, from my perspective at least.  Additionally, my former principal is the director of education at this organization and she gave me a strong reference. 

My last interview was on July 8 and the interviewer told me that if I didn't hear from HR by Friday, July 15, to give them a call.  I called on 7/15, but my HR rep was out and I was redirected to another HR rep's voicemail.  I left a msg.  No return call.  I called again on 7/20 and same as previous... my original HR rep out and left a voicemail for the other rep.  Still no call back.  The only communication I have received are the results of all my reference and background/criminal checks, which all came out good.

Is this typical?  Would I receive a rejection letter?  Am I missing something?  Should I call back next week or just let it go? 

#2 of 3 Old 07-28-2011, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would keep calling like you have been. Not daily, but regularly. The lack of response tells me that you are not rejected, but not their #1 choice either. So you are sort of on hold while they wait to see if choice #1 takes the position. Sucks for you, but so is life. Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#3 of 3 Old 07-30-2011, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thank you VERY much for replying.  I really appreciate it. 

I didn't get the position, but it actually worked out for the best.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page