Does anyone have experience using sittercity? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-30-2011, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband is starting to travel and I'm in school full time starting the end of this month.  My family can't help as often as I need.  I found sittercity.com and I'm wondering if anyone has had good/bad experience with finding a sitter/nanny through the site.

Thanks!

#2 of 7 Old 07-30-2011, 01:48 PM

I used it to find our nanny, a babysitter and a housecleaner. We thought it was totally worth it. We live in a mid-sized city. I would definitely use it again if I had need.

Mother of two since 2007 and 2009. Hoping third time's a charm in 2012.

#3 of 7 Old 07-30-2011, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've used it previously to find a really great sitter that we all loved. I'd also suggest care.com. After using both, I do like on care.com that you can see their schedule of availability and what they are willing to do, like take kids swimming, etc...

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#4 of 7 Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 PM

As a babysitter/nanny, I also recommend Care.com instead of Sittercity.  I can only recommend that one based on my experiences as a provider though, and not as a parent.  But many of the families I've spoken with seem to prefer Care as well.  Though they are both pretty similar, and either way definitely worth using.  Having the background checks already done and on there waiting for you to see has got to eliminate some of the work and stress of hiring somebody.  Plus I think a higher quaility of provider spends the $8 to have a profile on there verses someone who only posts for babysitting jobs on craigslist yk?

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#5 of 7 Old 07-30-2011, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Great! Thanks everyone!  I'll check out care.com also.

#6 of 7 Old 06-11-2014, 08:54 AM

Hired our nanny from Nannies4hire.com

I have used Nannies4hire.com to find our nanny. It was a really simple process and our nanny is GREAT!!!
#7 of 7 Old 06-15-2014, 11:10 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We found both our nannies on sitter city . It took some effort but I found it helpful to have written communication as a sorting mechanism. I also found it helpful to have a fairly specific statement about how we parented and how we wanted our nanny to care for our child. Talking about some natural parenting choices helped find candidates who met our needs. I didn't go on at length but we did specify breastfed baby, bounce to sleep, I wanted someone willing to wear her at various points during the day, tv-free (probably weeded out the most applicants), and for older kids (physical and imaginative play, etc.).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page