First day at work...OMG exhausted! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2011, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I am thankful and happy to say that I started today at my new job.  I am now the perinatal educator/lactation counselor (soon consultant;) at a local hospital.  WHEW!!!  I'm exhausted.  I was honored to see my first IRL vag birth...mom did amazing.  Did I say I was exhausted.  I ran around the unit, from l &d, nicu, nursery, postpartum, and ob...holy moly.  I haven't walked that much or been that hectic in a long time!  Anyway, I can't wait till I get used to this job a bit...I know the first few weeks are hard.  When I got home tonight, I layed(sp?) in bed for almost an hour without moving before I did anything.  This is the first out of the house, full time work I've had in over four years.  HOLY SHIT!  I'm laughing because I'm so happy and ecstatic to have gotten this job but my body is screaming, WTF?

Anyway, I'll stop venting now.  Thanks for reading if you made it this far! 

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM

I'm tired just from reading your post! My job is nowhere near that level of physical exertion--and I, too, felt exhausted those first few weeks/months back at work. Afternoon snoozes with DD were awesome! Sometimes I wish I could still fit one of those in, but my toddler is no longer interested! Good luck with the job (sounds engaging) and the adjustment period!

Mama to DD : 09/08
Old 08-17-2011, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Well, today was much better.  I feel like I was much more productive and organized.  My feet didn't hurt as much because I did a bit of paper work so I got to sit for an hour or so.  I bought new shoes tonight!!!!  Tomorrow should be even better!  Love my job though! 

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)

User Tag List