Middle manager issues - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2011, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Alright so lately when I ask for time off it's been given then taken away because someone has something more important to do.  For example I asked a month in advance if I could have the weekend of the 4th of December off and was told yes.  Then the next day asked if I could just take the 4th off and maybe a half day on Saturday since the guys ref basketball and thats a big weekend for tournaments.  I wasn't graceful in my response at all. 

Today I was asked if I was taking friday off.  I couldn't figure out why they were asking and I said no I think I'm gone thursday for the kids field day and what do you know I was wrong.  They knew because I checked the schedule I had written down  field day friday the 18th.  I don't know why I thought it was thursday but it's not.  However they got online and scheduled themselves for times to ref friday afternoon.  I know if I go to our main lead they're screwed because she's one of my good friends however I don't want to go that route.  I like the guys I work with but lately they've been rude about this time off crap.  Telling me I can't have days off then giving them a day later to someone else.  I'm the kind of person that can make your life miserable, do they want that?  I need to find a tactful way of going about this because I'm not tactful at all.  I get that it's well known they ref basketball and I have no problem with being part of something that promotes sports among the youths and I rarely take days off so right now I'm seething! 

There is one guy at work they hate to leave alone and they give him time off left and right.  He's not someone you can count on and I think they're using me as their "safe".  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Figured it out.  Just told them to take a ride on my suck stick.  I have the days off they took back. 

User Tag List