Having a tough time... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2011, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I took a new WAH job about 2 months ago, 8 hours each Sat.and Sun. (though really 8.5-9 when adding in breaks). I was supposed to be doing this from home, but it has been SO stressful on everybody-ds and sometimes dd just want me and I am constantly being interrupted. I can take some breaks, and even be interrupted a little, but dp hasn't mastered keeping them busy without me yet and it has been super stressful. So we decided I would go elsewhere to work, and now I am dealing with either peeling two screaming children off me in the a.m. or sneaking out. I feel terrible! The whole point of working at home was so that I wouldn' thave to do that :(

I have worked at home previously for 2.5 years, but mostly when the kids are asleep or for only a couple of hours. I don't even know what my question is here, but would love any advice/commiseration/tips/anything! I really like the new job, but am on the verge of saying screw the money (which we do need!) and quitting just because it is so hard on everyone.

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Like anything else, it is a transition.  Every time you leave, say goodbye.  Every time - no matter how hard it is or how hard they scream.  When you sneak out, they think you've disappeared, which isn't good either.  They will learn that when you say goodbye, you always come back.

Also, have your husband have a fun activity waiting for immediately after you leave - so while you're saying goodbye you can say, "Bye Bye! I love you!  I'll be home this evening, and LOOK - daddy has a really fun game (finger painting, a fave breakfast, outside activity, whatever) for you to play with right now!  I love you, have fun with daddy!"  (act as though daddy is the coolest person EVER, and talk about them spending time with daddy during the days leading up to the weekend)

They'll get in the new groove eventually, its just hard at first.

User Tag List