Being the daycare drop-off parent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-12-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Every morning, DH goes to work at 230 am. DS and I get up at 6 am, and I get both of us ready for our days, drop him off at daycare, then head to work. DH picks him up at noon and plays with him/naps with him until I get home at 5 pm.

This arrangement is great, except that I'm starting to feel like the a**hole parent. DS doesn't cry when I drop him off, but he cries when I wrestle him into his snowsuit in the morning, he cries during the drive to daycare, he fusses a little while I am trying to dress myself and pack up his breastmilk and cloth diapers for daycare, he fusses while I try to feed myself breakfast. There's not a lot of time for playing and cuddling in the morning, though I do try to smile and talk to him a lot while we're trying to get out of the house.

DH gets the "yay you're here to pick me up!" smiles, and gets tons of playtime with DS everyday.

Sometimes I feel like my kid is going to grow up remembering me as the parent associated with everything un-fun, and DH associated with everything awesome. 

Anyone else the drop-off parent who feels like he/she does all the un-fun stuff? 

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How old is your LO? When my DD got older, it switched: she loved daycare so much that I had to take her home kicking and screaming (literally). In other words, pick up or drop off, both parents get to be the bad guy from time to time. It sucks, but it is temporary!!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Tags
Working
User Tag List