Getting back into it... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Long story short, I've been waitressing for almost six years.  Before that, I did office work, apartment management, and some random other jobs.  The problem is that now I'm having a hard time getting back into a "professional" environment. 

Would it be silly for me to take (as a second job) a job as a bank teller to polish up my computer skills and sort of get back into the real world?  Would it help my resume?

DD 2/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am going back to professional work in about 10 days after a 15 month hiatus and I've found that it takes a job to get a job, if you know what I mean. I had been doing some extremely part time data-entry type stuff for a local lawyer over the past six months and I did not even put it on my resume, because it's not like the professional grants work I did before... and I got no calls to interview AT ALL. On the advice of a friend, I put my lawyer gig on as a "current position" and was interviewed and hired within three weeks! I would say yes, get the bank teller job as a part time and use it to get back into the work you want.

Tags
Working

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page