Mothering Forum banner

homework and taking care of your family, practical tips

Tags
students
504 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jaam 
#1 ·
I am taking an online course right now and I am having trouble getting it done and would like to hear how others arrange their time. I am supposed to start graduate studies in the fall which will be a lot more intensive that what I am doing right now and i can't seem to manage this one. My plan was to work on it after the kids go to bed at 8:00 but I am just so tired I can't learn anything then. I have had a few half days of work so I thought I'd keep my youngest at the sitters (the older 2 are in school), but then I have just ended up dong my errands or dentist appointments etc, things easier to do without kids. I am considering using the sitter 1 day a week for me to do this course.

How do you manage your time being a mom and studing?

#3 ·
Trying to get homework done at home is next to impossible for me. Even if the kids are somewhere else and I have the house to myself! I always find somethign else to do. I managed to get all my classes in the mornings this semester, and have my kids in school until 3:30, so I have from 12-3ish to do homework at the library before I pick them up. I'm learning (the hard way!) that after the kids are in bed I really only have energy for the routine, mindless things like laundry and picking up the house. I do have family watch them for me on weekends sometimes to get homework done, if they don't go to their dad's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.