Mothering Forum banner

Attempting to work from home, attempting to help my husband work from home

Tags
working
640 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  calanagear 
#1 ·
My husband was unemployed for about a year, despite having a degree and plenty of work experience. The work he found was basically very, very low paying. During this time, I built up a blog and became friends with some very successful bloggers and entrepreneurs ( all of whom were in different sectors, some travel, some MLM, some mom bloggers)

Anyhow, despite hours of work and hiring an SEO expert, I feel lost. My husband ended up taking one of those low paying jobs to make ends meet, and enjoys it, but we want to get him home and working in a career he is passionate about. We do what some call 'attachment partnering' and so depend on each other a lot, and he is happier working from home. Each of my friends has told me what to do, regarding marketing by getting link backs, and yet we have no traffic to our sites, despite having a google page rank of 4.

I am completely lost about how to get traffic and market online! Any online WAHM's have any suggestions? I really appreciate it :)

#2 ·
Are you guys active on facebook or other social media? I think that would be a good place to start, getting your friends and family to link to you or like you if you have a facebook page.

#3 ·
Hey hun! Thanks for the response. Yes I am all over social media, and actually have a large following. I worked as a social media consultant for a company, and the thin is that social media and 'inbound marketing' are best for customers/clients already has. Since people hate being sold things on social media, it can be a challenge to convert likes or followers into customers. I've had great luck with making connections and gaining insight from people I have met on there, but alas no revenue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.