Attempting to work from home, attempting to help my husband work from home - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband was unemployed for about a year, despite having a degree and plenty of work experience. The work he found was basically very, very low paying. During this time, I built up a blog and became friends with some very successful bloggers and entrepreneurs ( all of whom were in different sectors, some travel, some MLM, some mom bloggers)

Anyhow, despite hours of work and hiring an SEO expert, I feel lost. My husband ended up taking one of those low paying jobs to make ends meet, and enjoys it, but we want to get him home and working in a career he is passionate about. We do what some call 'attachment partnering' and so depend on each other a lot, and he is happier working from home. Each of my friends has told me what to do, regarding marketing by getting link backs, and yet we have no traffic to our sites, despite having a google page rank of 4.

I am completely lost about how to get traffic and market online! Any online WAHM's have any suggestions? I really appreciate it :)

unschooling mom, family travel enthusiast and holistic living advocate

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 AM

Are you guys active on facebook or other social media? I think that would be a good place to start, getting your friends and family to link to you or like you if you have a facebook page.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Hey hun! Thanks for the response. Yes I am all over social media, and actually have a large following. I worked as a social media consultant for a company, and the thin is that social media and 'inbound marketing' are best for customers/clients already has. Since people hate being sold things on social media, it can be a challenge to convert likes or followers into customers. I've had great luck with making connections and gaining insight from people I have met on there, but alas no revenue.

unschooling mom, family travel enthusiast and holistic living advocate

Tags
Working
User Tag List