Job hunting in other states - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Were moving out of state this summer (finally!) and its a very rural area. There is a job I want to apply for and I can be in town the week they will be doing interviews. I do have a local address I can put down. Question is, how do I put this info on a cover letter and which address do I put down? It says local residents given preference for the position. My worry is they mail a letter with interview info (have had this happen) and it goes to the mailbox there where no one will be for a couple weeks to get it and I need to know a few days before so I can catch a ride with a family member going up there then I can fly home.

Also, any suggestions on how to explain having been a homeschooling SAHM the past 8 years yet still have job skills? Can't figure out how to make that sound good. I've had to do serious organization/research and scheduling between schooling and medical appts/out of town travel but, yeah, how do I make that sound good and that yes I am available? I still plan to continue HS'ing (the job is at the local 1 and only elementary school so I wouldn't be able hide the fact my kids won't attend, the population is only about 200 people total) and my kids health issues have been resolved so I can return to work but I worry that says "has other commitments".

Seriously?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page