Anyone a medical student/physician and a mama? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-30-2012, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If so, I'd love to connect to you! :)  I'll be an MS2 in a week and a half (yay!) and have two toddlers.

#2 of 8 Old 05-31-2012, 04:27 PM

redpony--i'm a chiropractor (as if my user name didn't give me away) i'm so cryptic, i know.... not sure what ms2 is, but anyone with 2 toddlers is bound to be busy! I have a 3 1/2 year old dd and 8 week old ds, i currently work more than PT but not quite FT, run my own practice, and am moving it TOMORROW! hope you're doing well!

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#3 of 8 Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 PM

Hi. I'm a vet (again with the cryptic username!). Not a "real" doctor :-) but I still practice medicine. Think of me like a family practitioner who makes house calls. I have an 8 month old son. I got lucky and found a very small practice that was looking for a part-time vet. I'm working 3 days a week, able to pump once or twice a day which has been enough to keep up with daytime demand. I wouldn't be able to do it without my great husband. Red peony, what type of medicine are you interested in going into? My sister is a year 2 surgical resident. I can't imagine her having kiddos with her schedule, though I guess people do it!

Emily

Wife to B partners.gifsince 6/2004, Mama to T wave.gif(10/11) and 1sttri.gif (8/13). We:signcirc1.gifbftoddler.gifmalesling.GIFfemalesling.GIFcd.giffamilybed1.gif

#4 of 8 Old 06-06-2012, 09:35 PM

There are a couple of doc moms here.  I think there was a thread that periodically gets updated started last year.  I'm an ob/gyn in an academic setting but had my kids in fellowship and after.  As long as you have a good support system in place, I think students with more life experience tend to excel and be much happier with their career choices.  You know how to multitask and prioritize and are usually in the profession because it's truly right for you. Best of luck. Happy to provide any other support I can.

mildly crunchy mama to E (2006) and D (2011)
#5 of 8 Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 PM

I am a pharmacist and have a daughter who is almost 1 year old. We waited until after I was done with school to have her, which probably simplified things, but it totally bummed me out along the way when I was all wanting to have babies like yesterday.

#6 of 8 Old 06-19-2012, 10:55 PM

I am a pharmacy student (PD2 now!). Having a family definitely makes professional school interesting!

love.gif

#7 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 AM

Here is a blog I follow about a mom and med student :) 

http://www.mrsmommymd.com/

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive. " - C.S Lewis

#8 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Here is a blog I follow about about med student and mom :)

http://www.mrsmommymd.com/

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive. " - C.S Lewis

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page