Does anyone else feel overwhelmed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am only taking two classes, but they are short 8 week online classes with a lot of written assignments.  I work full time and am mommy to 4 (3 at home).  I am also running for State Senate in Colorado. On top of all this, I am in the middle of the divorce and ended up preggo.  Oops.  It is my live in bf's baby.  

So this week I have felt so completely stressed.  I had to write a few papers for school, get my butt to work, clean the house, spend time with the kids and on top of all that prepare for a candidate debate.  ARGHHHH  My debate suffered.  I find myself wanting to stop with the public appearances, but it is really good for my party to get the exposure. 

What do you do when you are really stressed and feel like you have too much on your plate?

Sacha, mommy to Satori (1994), Landon (1996), Elizabeth (1999) Dillinger (2001) step-mama to Maleena (2003) and Larissa (2006) and expecting the unexpected February 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Wow I cannot imagine doing all those things at the same time! You seem to be amazingly upbeat about it.

When I am stressed I usually make lists and then prioritize, and try to get rid of anything that is not essential. I also find that routines that keep things in order are essential when the stress deck is stacked. I schedule a massage if I can.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:03 PM

I burn out regularly. OMG I AM YOU! My first is also a '94!

My ex left 5 years ago, I had 3 kids, ended up pregnant #4 and in school full time!

I am in school full time still doing grad school(I did take the summer off after the loss of #5 at 11weeks)

I work full time, I have a GA ship and do way too much other stuff.

Work smarter not harder, don't stress about your debates sounds as if you are intelligent and good at what you do! 

Don't be afraid to ask for flexible deadlines (although try to finish everything the moment you get it)

I am on defferal now for way too many papers :) Life happens, talk to your profs early and congrats on the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your kids are old enough = put them to work!
That's why we have large families!

8 might be enough
Old 06-13-2012, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

I burn out regularly. OMG I AM YOU! My first is also a '94!

Haha, very cool.  :)  I just finished midterms for these two classes and haven't gotten around to the next section.  ARGH.  

Sacha, mommy to Satori (1994), Landon (1996), Elizabeth (1999) Dillinger (2001) step-mama to Maleena (2003) and Larissa (2006) and expecting the unexpected February 2013!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I feel overwhelmed every single day.  I work full time (and then some), luckily I get to work from home, I have been working on a thesis to complete my masters degree, I have a very active 3 year old and a 3 month old.  I'm exhausted constantly but I find reminding myself over and over every day that it will get better soon and that my little ones will only be this little for so long makes me plunge on.  It's hard, but I make sure I give everything I can while I am at work, give everything I can when I'm with my kiddos and work on my thesis once they go to bed.  I get one to sleep, get the other to sleep, work on thesis and then curl up with my very patient DH.  The reminding myself that things will slow down soon probably helps me the most, I know it's not much, but it helps me.  In fact I finally got sign off this week from my advisor that my thesis is complete!  YEAH!!!  There actually was an end in sight!!!

Good for you for running for senate!  That is very inspiring!!  Would you send me a link to your campaign?  I live in Colorado and would love to check it out.  

Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM

Running for SENATE!! You are awesome!!!

PM us with your link!

8 might be enough
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimommy2009 View Post

Good for you for running for senate!  That is very inspiring!!  Would you send me a link to your campaign?  I live in Colorado and would love to check it out.  

Well, thank you.  :0)  It is really small and I don't even have a website.  It is another thing on my list.  LOL  The Libertarian party nominated me, but then didn't throw much my way for support.  They told me they were going to get candidate websites up, and then never did.  *sigh*  Where in Colorado are you?  My area (district 8) covers Moffat County, Routt County, some of Grand County, and I am not sure which county is is that Rifle and Battlement Mesa are in...  

Old 06-14-2012, 07:04 AM

Libertarian how cool!!!!!!!!!

8 might be enough

User Tag List