Going back to work after 2 and a half years...transition questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I have been a SAHM to my 28 month old DS since he was born. I will be returning to work next month, and my mother in law will be watching him 4 days a week. She is wonderful with him and they get along very well. She will be coming to my house to watch him. Should I give her an idea of my schedule when I am home with him, and ask her to follow it, or should I just let her do her own thing? I know she will be fine without any suggestions, and he loves being with her, but do you think it would be easier on him to follow the same routine that he does when he is with me, or does it matter?

Mom to Kevin,bfinfant.gif : born naturally 4-7-10 nocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sounds like you have a great child care situation ready to go. I would definitely share all of the information about the daily routine, usual naptimes, etc., as that will make the transition easier for LO. Of course, there will need to be flexibility as things may not go quite the same way with her and as LO's needs will change as he grows, but starting with what he knows and is used to is the best place to start.

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

User Tag List