Any nursing student mothers around? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#31 of 37 Old 01-19-2014, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm also in nursing school. I've just begun my 3rd semester, with 3 semesters to follow. For Spring, we are taking our second Patho/Pharm combined class, our second Medical/Surgical class in the series and Health Promotion. We will also be having 2 clinical placements! It has been hard, but oh so satisfying, and I am trying to learn all that I can, and prepare myself for continuing on to work for my CNM as the ultimate goal. My children are now 6,8, and 9, and have made my life an absolute joy. They are so helpful and give me strength everyday to continue to follow my dreams.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#32 of 37 Old 01-19-2014, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi August, welcome!  

I am starting my second semester!  Made it through the first with 2 B's and 1 A.  I would say that the content is not difficult, its the amount of work that needs to be done.  

This semester is going to be much more difficult.  I have Med/Surg 1, Psych, and Research.  I'm going to start studying asap.  

Hope you all are doing well!  Including this semester, I have 3 more to go!

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#33 of 37 Old 02-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Currently in the 2nd semester of a 11 month Practical Nursing program. Very intense, very fast paced. 
SI have a love/hate relationship with Nursing school!
Definitely gonna take a year or 2 before I go back and get my RN degree....

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#34 of 37 Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 AM

Another nursing student here :)

Currently almost done with my second quarter for an ADN program.

So far I have not found nursing school horribly hard, just very time-consuming, and a huge juggling act with two kiddos. Thus far I have found that I am really loving nursing.

My intent is to work 3-4 years after I graduate and pursue nurse-midwifery or some form of advance practice. I am hoping to skip the BSN as I already hold a bachelors in biology. I have actually completed all the pre-med requirements as well, but the life a doctor has to live has never appealed to me.

#35 of 37 Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 PM

I'm working towards my BSN and I have a 12 yr old daughter with a lot of special medical needs, a five year old daughter with lots of energy, and a 2 year old son who is as sweet as can be. I'm tired and ready to graduate, lol.
#36 of 37 Old 03-26-2014, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

I have orientation tomorrow and I start class next week. Finally it's here and I am both excited and nervous!

Wife to Joe and Mama to Rosie, 6/28/06, Jack, 10/25/08 and JoJo 3/18/10.
#37 of 37 Old 10-16-2014, 04:07 PM

It's been a long time since I signed in to mothering. I apply for the nursing program at the end of this semester. This is also the first semester that they require the applicants to take the TEAS V test. I was wondering if any one else has taken it, what study guides you used, and if that was helpful. TIA.

Goody gumdrops- How exciting to have one semester under your belt.

Kris, I plan on taking a break between my BSN and masters. I'll do the AS program to get my RN, work and go to school part time for my BSN. The community College I am going to just started a program with the State University where some of the courses are concurrent.

Olive & Pimento, that's awesome. I can't wait to be there.

Welcome, vargasroxy and 102212.

I'm a little worried about the program just because this semester of regular college is overwhelming. I am taking 5 classes, I have four kids, Hubs, who promised he would be able to pick up the slack got a new job and I don't see him at all during the day. Leaves in the morning, comes home after the kids are in bed. It probably didn't help that I had two weeks when I couldn't be at the school studying because I had 1 or 3 kids home AND that it was right before mditerms, AND I had two weddings to attend AND family in town for a week. But, hell week is over and I got through it. So, I guess I can do anything.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page