Won't see my little one awake 3 days in a row - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I'm a professional student with a very-attached-to-mom 14 mo old.  And she has a very-attached-to-baby mom.  My new schedule requires me to work from about 8am to 9 pm Mon Tues and Wed.  That means I'll prob see little one for about half an hour in the morning and that's it.  Anyone done anything similar and how did you manage.  It makes me feel sick, but I'm trying to remind myself she and I will both be fine.  By the way, this is for the next 8 weeks only.  No big deal - then why do I feel so lousy about it. 

#2 of 2 Old 10-22-2012, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
There's no way that's not just hard.

How are the other 4 days a week?

I have a terrible tendency to wake my kids when I'm on schedules like that. I go in to give them kisses, and wind up moving them to my bed because I miss them, and it's dumb because we all sleep worse and then mornings are hell.

The sensible thing to do is make the most of the before work time. Get everything ready to go the night before, put a sweatshirt over your work clothes, and love the baby up over breakfast.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page