baby sick, work sucks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-22-2004, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so my daughter is at home with a fever she's had for over 48 hours, cool baths and tylenol not denting it (she is with my husband though) and she is going to the doctors and i need to be with her. it is driving me crazy that my baby is sick and i'm not there. Oh i am so mad at my work. They don't let me go. i mean i know i could go, but they'd be pissed and possibly write me up. oh it's a long story. I just have this need to be with her, and take her to the Dr's. my hubby doesn't think it's seriuos and he never knows what to tell the doctor because i am with her more. oh i need support here from you mammas. i don't even know what is wrong with her. How am i supposed to work like this? oh the days of being a stay at home mom, how i miss them, how i wish i could be there, or even just have a part time job, or heck a job sympathetic to children and mommies. But no i don't . ARGGG

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#2 of 9 Old 04-22-2004, 11:49 AM

how frustrating for you. i am sorry you're in a situation like that at work.

is it possible for you to find other work or cut down to pt? i'm assuming not from your post, but if it is a possibility it's worth your wellbeing if you can afford to take a paycut to be home with your sweetie. we struggle pretty bad sometimes, but as long as there's food on the table i will try to stay home with ava. i know though, sometimes it doesn't work...like this fall if dh starts school, then i will have to work pt.

good luck to you. things will be better when your dd's not sick! it is so hard when they are sick. i hope she feels better soon!
#3 of 9 Old 04-22-2004, 11:56 AM

I am so sorry you have to be away from your little one when she is sick.

I think you will get more support in the working mamas forum so I am going to move this over.
#4 of 9 Old 04-22-2004, 12:36 PM

I am so sorry for you, but you are right that she will be okay. It sounds like you're in an unavoidable situation with work and so if it makes things any better just think that this is a little time for your husband and dd to bond. Your dh will learn what's important and what to look for from taking care of her and going to the doctor with her and that will help in lots and lots of tiny ways that we can't even tell right now. She is with someone who loves and cares for her and will see you as soon as you get home.

I wish your employer had some kind of little heart!!! I'm sorry!!

#5 of 9 Old 04-22-2004, 12:50 PM

It is frustrating -- to the point of ! Maybe you could look at it this way. It gives dh the chance to learn more about what it's like to work with dd's doctor and be more informed on her health. It's a chance for him to be a more proactive dad.

This could be a good time to start looking for a new position. If you can't find a part time or more child friendly workplace where you are, then maybe it's time to start looking elsewhere. Obviously this isn't something that'll happen overnight, but it could be your little wake up call for a change.

I hope dd feels better soon!
Nissa
#6 of 9 Old 04-22-2004, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

So it turns out she just has a cold. And that a rectal temp of 100.4 is "in the normal range". Never mind that she has had it for two days, opr that she was sleepy and had glassy eyes. See he didn't say she had glassy eyes. I mean i know that it is ok. She is fine and that's what matters. Plus she adores her daddy.

and as far as my work I am going to stick it out for awhile. For experience cheaper health insurance then my hubby's work. Then i am going to college. i just have to find as many grants as possible, grants that provide living expenses too. But since i want to be a teacher there is a plethora of grants available. if anyone knows where to lok it might be helpful. I'm pretty lost.
anyways off the subject. Thanks for the support it was great just knowing you were there. I have calmed down a bit and can't wait to go and get my little kitten face.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#7 of 9 Old 04-23-2004, 11:31 AM

I think you'll find lots of support here in the Working Mamas forum for your situation. There are all different reasons why we all work - although I don't think that there is any question of our devotion and adoration of our children.

As with anything some days are better than others!!
#8 of 9 Old 04-23-2004, 12:24 PM

Quote:
It gives dh the chance to learn more about what it's like to work with dd's doctor and be more informed on her health. It's a chance for him to be a more proactive dad.
I love this thinking.

jewelysmommy, hope you enjoy the forum. It is very helpful to find that support. I WAH but have my own issues and sure have been there in the WOH boat with a hateful boss. :

Glad to know she's all right. Sometimes it's so scary when they get those funky looking eyes and you just KNOW it's something then it turns out to be just a bad fever. You end up feeling foolish, but it's all part of learning your mommy instincts. Dunno how old your DD is but with my DS1 it took probably two years for me to get more relaxed about sicknesses and such as I was so uncertain of myself. Plus I rode DH hard, too, and didn't feel like he talked to the doctor the way I would. I'm glad he did it, though, and he and DS are so close now (DS1 is 7)

Well, that was OT and sorry to ramble. I'm avoiding work today. Back to it!
#9 of 9 Old 04-23-2004, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I got wrote up for missing three days because me daughter ended up in a lousy daycare and we couldn't get her in the new one until the next week. Granted i had only been there for three weeks (but of course i had to leave for that reason in the beginning it took me very little time to realize the place was stinky) And this when one lady leaves to get her nails done and another guy has left twice for two weeks because of drugs and alcahol.
So they are just so annoying, and mostly it's fine. just so ridiculus. Some day my husband and I will have a buisness and I am going to be sooo family friendly.
Anyways i think i am done ranting. except to say the company seems to be falling apart and they are shifting everything like crazy, and i am almost thinking that they are all dumb morons. So hopefully the company won't collapse on itself (it has been going quite steady for five years, it's just growing so fast right now they don't have the kinks out. And the drug guy is messing everything up bt they haven't figured it out.) I'm thinking maybe i sgould try and find another jiob. But not until after my vacation. The onl;y problem with that is I would have to wait longer to get H. Insurance. I mean we have it through my husband, but it is way expensive for me. Plus he is going to change jobs when we get back from vacation. so i guess it's all f@$ked up right now. Him changing jobs is what has to get done first. Then me. Oh the working/corprate world can be so twisted.!!! : bang
ok i am really finished now sorry it is so long and boring and so many typos i am trying to get this done before the office manager gets back from changing her personal cars oil.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page