finishing school - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, i thought i would ask for some help or tips my fiance had a baby about 7 months ago i love them soo much but i cannot live with them until i have finished a part of my schooling and i am 17 so i am still having to go by what my parents say. i have not been able to fully tell them about my relationship because of it being a same-sex relationship and my parents have made it apparent that they do not approve of these type of relationships i love them too. i know there will be some family issues once they fully know about this. Does anyone have any tips for trying to survive those this time where i only get to see my future wife n child every two weeks or so. i would be very gratefully. for any i live off of the pictures and texts n the little visits i get to have
#2 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

There's so much to think about with my family and my fiance and rosaline and then there is school to think of on top of it. i am doing better in school then i ever have before but it's hard to keep track of things when you feel like your life is far away from you doing it's own thing any type of tips or words will be helpful i still have awhile to go yet before i graduate n turn 18 and don't have to worry as much about my family trying to end it
#3 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Hi there--welcome to Mothering and to parenthood! It sounds like your situation is somewhat complicated but you seem to have such a rosy outlook on it for someone so young! It's true that at your age thinking of your schooling is a number one priority, while both you and your fiance have the support of your families. I wonder what it would be like to seek out some counseling support to help you figure out how to explain all of this to your family. Do they know about that baby? It would be a lot to spring on them all at once! 

So are you thinking about college at all after high school? Or a trade program? Something that would help you support Rosaline? (beautiful name!)

Wishing you all the best!

#4 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

They know about her baby and that we are always trying to hang out. i am going to be going to college I'm planning on becoming a nurse and my fiance is doing classes at the college that is close by to us and she is planning to become a lawyer in family law. we have things planned out it's just getting through this part so we can have the future that we want for ourselfs and our lil rose bud. she gets a lot of help from her family with watching rose so she can do her school work also.
#5 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

this little girl and school and my fiance is on top of my list for things that come first and also hoping my family will be ok for being my bisexual self

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page