Work Stress - ARRRGGGGHHHH! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2004, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guess what? Because I was THOROUGH ...and identified a problem......I've got some design people angry at me because that means they've just done their work wrong.

Tough luck. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2004, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohj
Guess what? Because I was THOROUGH ...and identified a problem......I've got some design people angry at me because that means they've just done their work wrong.

Tough luck. :
Well, piss on them! I had the same problem a week or so ago. It seems that they printed our promotional brochure using a low res JPG instead of the 600 dpi TIF.

That is what is referred to as an I-D-10-T error.

Anyway, stress is the name of the game this week. I have 16 grant proposals to review by tomorrow at midnight, to lead a tour and run a registration desk for a conference tomorrow, go to the conference on Friday, present a paper at said conference in the morning, then hop in the car to drive about half an hour to present at another conference. Of course, next week, I fly to DC on Monday and don't come home until Tuesday after bedtime. Then I have an all day meeting on Wednesday.

So, anyone wanna trade???
Old 09-30-2004, 04:27 PM

Okay, Sohj, I'll bite...
I have a job interview next week. 30-40 min presentation, which I'm NOT done w/ yet & I need to present it to some colleagues here tomorrow so that I feel somewhat prepared. My parents arrive here Tuesday night from Oregon. I leave Wed at 4:30 am for a 6 am flight--have to fly from here to Manchester NH, rent a car, drive 1.5 hours, and hopefully get there w/ enough time to pick up my rental pump & relax for a few hours b/f my first mtg at 3. Then the entire next day is mtgs. Blecch.

DD *still* isn't night-weaned, despite my best efforts, and what's worse refuses to sleep for dh. And I'll be away for 2 nights. (Luckily my parents will be around to amuse her during the day--but she hasn't seen either of them since May & June, so I don't know how happy she'll be about relative strangers being there while I'm away.)

I'll be trying very hard, while I'm away, not to worry about things at home b/c I can't control them at all. But I'm a bit stressed...
Old 09-30-2004, 05:48 PM

Glad to see this one has bubbled up again...always a favorite of mine.

Nate, I was wondering how things were going on your interview--good luck with it all. It does sound quite stressful! See if you can take at least some comfort in the beauty of the leaves in NH at this time of year...

Sohj--nice siggy line! It definitely made me laugh. Maybe we should all do that for awhile. (I do miss the John Woolman quote, though!)

Well, given that this morning as I was getting ready for work, I started crying for no particular reason other than the fact that I had to go to work, I would say that work stress for me is a little off the charts right now. All the people I need access to to do my job are tied up on a top secret project, so not only can I not get my own work done, but I'm antsy about what's coming down the pike (something tells me they aren't all meeting to plan the company Christmas party...)

On the home front, DD#2 has declared this week as "No Sleep Week," and we are just about at our wits end. Two nights in a row she has been up until 11:30pm. DD#1 has broken out in hives two days in a row at day care, and we have not been able to find out what is causing them. And DH went to the periodontist who told him he needs to have his wisdom teeth removed. Also, he is turning in his book manuscript today and is a nervous wreck about it.

All for now,

Mia
Old 09-30-2004, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singermom
...Sohj--nice siggy line! It definitely made me laugh. Maybe we should all do that for awhile...
Feel free to use it for yourselves.

Don't worry, John Woolman will probably be back.....of course, I have my eye on an especially firey George Fox statement, though. Feeling frisky.

Big to everyone here.

This too shall pass.

User Tag List