Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 215 Old 12-20-2006, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pynki View Post
I think having to pay for your own schooling and knowing the price of time taken away from your kids makes you work harder.

At least that's what I think gets my grades high as they are. I doubt I would have gotten these grades straight out of high school. I was far too busy getting drunk and throwing wild raves and other parties.
Um, yeah. Very, very, very true. I appreciate being able to go to school. Not to mention, I'm getting the most out of the student loans I've taken out.

I'm in school for myself, but also, because I'd like for my kids to be able to see that I went after my goal.

That said, everyone enjoying the break?! I feel such relief when another semester is over!
#213 of 215 Old 12-21-2006, 08:49 AM

Pynki~ This isn't always the case. I receive financial aid in the form of Pell grants and scholarships along with a stafford loan. Just because I get a "free ride" for college doesn't make me want to work less hard. I am a very serious student who wants to get the most out of my education and have spent many a sleepless night working on projects and studying to get the best grade possible. I'm nearly a 4.0 student, but find being a mommy needing to take some top priority too.

So, not all financial aid students or students who don't pay their own way don't care about grades or doing well.
#214 of 215 Old 12-21-2006, 08:50 AM

mum~ I am SO enjoying break! I get to work nearly 40 hours a week and this means more money for savings!
#215 of 215 Old 12-21-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty Diva View Post
Pynki~ This isn't always the case. I receive financial aid in the form of Pell grants and scholarships along with a stafford loan. Just because I get a "free ride" for college doesn't make me want to work less hard. I am a very serious student who wants to get the most out of my education and have spent many a sleepless night working on projects and studying to get the best grade possible. I'm nearly a 4.0 student, but find being a mommy needing to take some top priority too.

So, not all financial aid students or students who don't pay their own way don't care about grades or doing well.
That wasn't what I was implying at all. I get financial aid as well. If you have student loans you still have to pay those back and so you ARE paying for your schooling, just after you're done instead of as you go.

I was speaking more to the fact that AS adults who have been "in the real world" and as mothers we know the true price of what's being paid for us to be in school.

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page