How much do you pay for childcare? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 09-20-2006, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pay $100 / week for 1 yr old dd to a great woman in-home care. Kind of standard here. Suppose it's cheeper around here than other places.
#62 of 73 Old 09-21-2006, 05:13 PM

I live in a small town just south of KCMO and after reading what everyone else pays for daycare, oh my goodness!! I'm glad I live in the sticks! I have a wonderful in home dcp that charges $20 a day and that provides breakfast, lunch and snacks. For after school kids she charges $8 a day. I really couldn't afford to pay all that much more and it be worth it.
#63 of 73 Old 09-21-2006, 05:35 PM

I pay $500 per month so $125 per week for a 3 yo. She is in there FT.
#64 of 73 Old 09-21-2006, 05:39 PM

My son will be Nursery 5 afternoons per week (part-time), which comes to £95 per week and a total of £380.00 per month. Not sure what this is in U.S dollars. Probably around $500-520.00?
#65 of 73 Old 09-21-2006, 05:45 PM

We pay $5/hour per child, so for us, it is $10/hour. They are there for 21 hours/week, so it's $210 each week, most weeks (if I work more, we pay her more, if I work less, we pay her less) - our sitter is a SAHM. We also will be paying her paid time off beginning the first of the year, in addition to paid holidays. This includes all meals/snacks etc.

As to how much of my income it is - it's significant. My gross weekly income is approx $360 - right around 58% of my income. We hover right around the line of is it really worth it for me to work....if DH made a little more, I could stay home.
#66 of 73 Old 09-22-2006, 08:36 AM

Very interesting thread -- child care costs vary so greatly!

I'm in Canada, in a relatively small city. We pay $26.50 per day for my daughter's Montessori daycare programme. I'm on mat leave right now, and when I go back, I'm working only 70%, so she'll just be going three days a week. My baby boy will be with my MIL for the first 6 months I'm back at work (no cost), but when he goes to the daycare in June 2007, he'll get a reduced rate since my DD is already enrolled.

If we factor in the $200 we get from the government as sort of a "baby bonus" (I'm not a fan of this policy for many reasons, but I'll take the money), it does pretty much pay for DD's fees. Our present child care costs work out to about 3% of our combined gross pay.
#67 of 73 Old 09-22-2006, 02:33 PM

We live in Ohio and pay for our 3 youngest. DD 4yo =145wk, DS 2.5yo=160wk and DD 2mths=190week....monthly total....(drum roll) 1762 per month...urg. It does include breakfast/lunch/two snacks and all the milk and water they would like. Their teachings are wonderful, they basically prep them for school. Also, I get to see them 3x a day, because I nurse my infant, I am 3 minutes down the road.

I still wonder what a Nanny would cost...
#68 of 73 Old 09-23-2006, 06:49 PM

WOW! I guess I better not move. Ds will start daycare this week....$75/week for infant ($70/wk once he goes to toddler room)- avg in this town is about $80/week- with meals provided
The home day cares I checked were $60-85/week- some provided dipes/food etc and some didn't.....I was not comfortable with the home daycares I interviewed
Oh and dd's afterschool care is $5 day
I think it will be $ 130/week for dd 4 and ds infant this summer- meals provided
This is a well established licensed facility, that provides meals snacks etc, has cameras in all rooms- I just hope it works b/c I've never used daycare before.
Oh I figure I'll make $800-$1000 /month after childcare expenses
#69 of 73 Old 09-23-2006, 09:53 PM

I pay $30/wk for after school care for dd. When she is there full days during school vacations, I pay $100/wk. This includes snacks and meals. We love dd's sitter. I will be sad when she doesn't need to go any longer.

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#70 of 73 Old 11-03-2006, 10:18 PM

We pay $16 a day. That includes 2 meals and a snack plus his care.
#71 of 73 Old 11-03-2006, 11:48 PM

I pay $254 for 2 kids for 3.5 days per week.
#72 of 73 Old 11-04-2006, 12:17 AM

We will be paying $600/month once DD starts daycare in January. That's 10% of my salary.
#73 of 73 Old 11-04-2006, 02:53 AM

I used to pay $45 a day for three days a week, so that came to $540 a month. That is a pretty good rate for around here, for good care. The place she was in before that was $30 a day but it was crappy. Some places we looked at were $75 a day! Now that dh is in school and not working, we have dd in a state run preschool and we pay $1 a day. Her preschool is on the campus where dh goes to school! We could not be happier with out childcare situation. Healthy food, developmentally appropriate curriculum, positive discipline, diverse staff and kids, lots of space, and loving attentive teachers. We live in San Francisco.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page