Just got offered a p-time position!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-03-2003, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got offered a part-time position working for my former employer!! I am sooooo excited, but nervous too! I have been the primary bread winner since dd was born. Taking this job would obviously mean a pay cut (even though it is good part time salary) and it means that I lose my benefits. Now, dh needs to find a job that has benefits. : BUT, I can't help but be excited. This is what I have been hoping and praying for. I don't know how long we will be able to swing me working part time, but I am sooooooo psyched to be able to spend more time with my dd!! It's so hard to find part-time in the legal field that I would hate to pass up this opportunity. I guess things will have to work themselves out somehow....Let's see....from now until I start working part time we have to (1) sell our condo (2) purchase a new home (something affordable) and (3) find dh a job with benefits. YIKES! Kind of overwhelming........lets hope it turns out ok!

Anyway, Sorry, I'm just rambling now: I just wanted to share my news with my internet *friends* since all of you have been here to *listen* to me moan and stress about balancing work and home life! :LOL

Libby
mama to a little bobka
and wife to my best friend
#2 of 7 Old 04-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Banned

Woohoo! And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you re getting the timing to work just right on your "to do" list!
#3 of 7 Old 04-03-2003, 05:42 PM

That's great news!!! Congrats.
#4 of 7 Old 04-03-2003, 06:33 PM

That's awesome! What will you be doing?

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#5 of 7 Old 04-03-2003, 07:20 PM

Congratulations.
What will you do....what can you do parttime in the legal field??
#6 of 7 Old 04-04-2003, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

I'm going to go work for the state's attorney's Office (aka district attorney's office in some states) briefing and arguing criminal appeals. Its a pretty independent job, so its totally conducive to working part-time. It's actually a great position for working mothers. You have to put in 3 days (24 hours), but the hours are flex and you can work on Sat as one of your days. My eternal gratitude goes out to the woman who started the whole "part-time mom" program in the office 15 years ago. It's a great idea....the office gets to keep experienced atty's and the mom's get to spend more time with their kids. This definitely takes me off the upward mobility track, but, oh well, I can't have it all. I'd like to stay here until we have #2. I'll let you know how it goes...:

Libby
#7 of 7 Old 04-05-2003, 12:30 PM

That is awesome news, Libby! I hope it all works out for you....I hope to do that in the Fall of 2004. Not too much longer now...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page