How to go back to work!!! Or start work! LOL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2006, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I've been a SAHM since i got pregnant with my 4.5 year old, so that's been 5 years, always have worked as a sub and stuff like that, then 2 years ago i started work as a peer couselor for wic and love that too, but it's only 20 hours a week, pay is only 7.50 (no raise for increased education)... i love the job, but it's not going to go anywhere or help me go anywhere (like IBCLC, ect)...
there is an opening for a Head Start Home visitor possition in my county, i've subbed for head start for the past 4 years, i've loved doing that and often wanted to do it fulll time but this is the first opening for a none degree spot... so i sent in my letter of intent to the director of Head start, the pay is much better then i though it would be, so i had to do it... i had limited time, they need the position filled by the first of the year... no i'm second guessing myself asking what the HECK am i DOING, i don't have clue, i don't know what to do with my kids, i do know that they can handle being away from me, i worked full time for 5 weeks at the start of the year plus my 20 hour a week job while a teacher was on maternity leave... but i guess i need to hear how to do this...

when i worked before '01 it was again part time (i was a full time high school student) when i graduated i got married to dh and we had baby #2. we had always always had to struggle to make ends meet, well we are now on top of stuff, dh has a good paying job cc dept is gone, only a car payment but getting a new house soon... and i would LOVE to be able to spend money on whatever and NOT have live fugally unless i wanted too... but i need some positive vibes!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

any suggestions?? Tips ideas??? support?

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:52 PM

no real help. I am feeling the same way. I just became a sahm and won't be back to work until dd2, turms 4. ( I just decided to continue my leave, today).I love my flexibility, the chance to do what we want when we want and the time with the girls. I miss work but I know I will miss them. i am contemplating asking for another yr so that I would go back when dd goes to kindergarten.

I have no answers...I like change, well normally I do but lately I am up and down about what to do.

I love what i do for a living...I am so torn but I still have time.

Would it be possible to quit if it didn't work out?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

User Tag List