Stay at home mom wants a job - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-07-2003, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to work but due to my son's problems I cannot. He is deaf from Meningitis and goes to a special school. He has a cochelar implant and is able to hear. My situation is I want to work but I want to stay at home too. I have looked at the home businees options but do not know any that are reputable. Does anyone know of any good ones or does anyone belong to one that they enjoy?

Any help you be greatly appreciated.

Dagny
#2 of 4 Old 05-07-2003, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Did you ever read the book What Color is Your Parachute? That was helpful to me when I was trying to change careers.

Another possibility, if you use sign at home, is to train as a sign language interpreter. (I don't know if your son's school uses them or is into lip reading or what.) The reason I mention it is, we hire 'terps at my synagogue and I know how few there are in my metropolitan area. The demand is great and you could always be in work, and on your own schedule. I went to a public high school with a mainstreamed Deaf class in it, and we had interpreters working at our school, who worked for the school system. You could work during school hours only and get school system benefits.

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree here. I think there are a lot of just plain jobs, like in retail, that you can work part time during school hours. It depends on what you want to do.

Divorced mom of one awesome boy born 2-3-2003.
#3 of 4 Old 05-08-2003, 11:25 AM

I have a friend that does medical transcribing at home. she has a word processer and a few accounts with local doctors. she does this at home after the kids are in bed.
#4 of 4 Old 05-09-2003, 09:26 PM

dagny
i am a stay at home mom as well and i also needed to make some extra money. I looked for a good year on Stay at home jobs. There are ALOT of scams out there that really target us stay at home moms. But i have found a great one . I dont think I can post the site on the message boards but i can give you my email addy. if you would like the free information. It is really great and not a scam like most of them out there. It is also a great way to meet other stay at home moms . My email is christyboothe@hotmail.com and i would love to share my info with you. Hope this gives you some hope! Hang in there. Christy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page