Does anyone do before school care? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2003, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We live directly across the street from an elementary school and I was thinking about offering before school care for kiddos whose parents have to work early. It seems that it would work out very well and offer just a bit of income (which I could certainly use) for very little hassle (and perhaps a great experience for ds!).

Are there any other mamas around who do this? I'd love to hear about your experiences....

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2003, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was a director of a before/afterschool program. I didn't do it out of my home but out of the school. My program charged 5 per child per morning. I opened at 6:45 and was there untill 8:30 when school began.

I would check with your state childcare board and find out the rules. My guess is that you will have to be certified as a daycare provider. Also, doing childcare in your home requires a rider on your homeowner's insurance.

I liked the before school care but LOVED the afterschool program way more. WE could do more fun stuff when the kids weren't as tired and groggy or finishing up homework from the night before.

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 

User Tag List