How to find the right babysitter? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-27-2003, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going back to work in a 2 weeks and I'm lucky that my mother and my MIL are available to watch my dd. But I know I can't lean on them forever. Any suggestions on where to find a babysitter with a flexible schedule? My problem isn't necessarily the hours, but I've got a good job that only takes me out of the house 2 days a week, every other week. So hiring someone five days a week is overkill for us right now. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-28-2003, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
trabot, here! Hello.

We have a house cleaner who has been in my life for years. She was with me before I was even married. Naturally she was thrilled when I had ds. I asked if she would be up to baby sit and she said yes. So at first I had her come over while I was home and kind of got the feel for her in this position. Then I went out for an hour or so on her next visit and did errands. Then slowly folded her in.
Now she is our number one choice when we need a sitter. I so trusted her and that was my number one consideration.

I'd start there or maybe your family's house cleaner, if they have one... and of course, any friends whom you trust, ask for referrals but above all, I would be home for the first visits so you can get a feel and explain how you do things.

by the way, DS LOVES her. He screams with joy when she comes over and he doesn't do that for any grandparent. but that's another thread....

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#3 of 3 Old 06-29-2003, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Do you know any SAHMs who might be looking for extra cash?
Ask others who their providers are. Try LLL meeting members or a MOPS group.

Many daycare centers are more flexible. You'll have to decide if you prefer a center to a home daycare.

Good luck.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page