Working...A Transition...Just getting it out... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-25-2007, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ladies ~ If you make it through this whole story, bless you. I am just posting here to get it all out. It's been a long couple of weeks!

3 weeks ago my boss gets a call from the corporate office asking about his numbers, as in our weekly balancing. Now the numbers have been off for as long as I have been employed here. I report the numbers as they are given to me. I had accounted for all mistakes except for one line that was weekly given to me by my boss, I don't ask questions.

After this phone call from corporate my boss asks me to pull a few client accounts and change some numbers. Since I have no client signatures I decline and pass the files off to my boss. Two days later the COO from our corporate office shows up. After 2 days of closed door meetings the corporate office has decided to terminate employment with my boss because he has embezzled client funds and tried to cover it up.

The corporate office has a 60 day window for the transition. They let everyone go except for me and one other person. We are doing the job that our entire office used to do. Agh!

Where does that leave me. Well, the corporate office says they are going to make me an offer, it’s been 2 weeks and I haven’t seen anything in writing. Initially the corporate office communicated beautifully with me and now they won’t even return my emails.

I take my cue and start applying for new jobs. My husband is a SAHD so I am the $$ in the family and not having a job is obviously not an option. I thankfully get a call from a worldwide corporation who wants to interview me. After 3 interviews they want me to attend a 4th interview (where I will meet with 3 different people). This is fantastic as the company is huge and the benefits are out of this world. I just can’t believe that I have to go on another interview with them and then after all that I may not get an offer for a position. Really, I am thankful for the opportunity but the interview process is way out of hand.

I also have my resume in with another large firm. I have no response yet but am hoping to hear soon.

Why does this all matter? Perhaps I am just looking for sympathy and a few hugs. I am frustrated going to work every day when there is a lot to be done but no one (including the corporate office) will communicate with me. I feel like I am working for the wizard of oz who never shows his face and it is frustrating to have NO support. I am frustrated with the job search because although it has only been 3 weeks and I have had a lot of good leads, it is emotionally draining to continue to go on interviews and then either not receive an offer or find that the job I have applied for is not a good fit.

I love working…right now I just feel like someone dropped a huge bucket of water on my big ‘ol blaze! I have worked really hard for 3 years in my current position and have had many sleepless nights...all to see some idiot boss throw it all away…sigh…thanks for listening…

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-25-2007, 07:15 PM

s

Yep, it is not uncommon for big corporates to require multiple interviews these days. They want all the decision makers to meet you first. Make sure to get enough sleep the night before and eat a good breakfest - you may not get lunch!

I completely understand your frustration. As soon as you have a job offer in hand - send a new email that states simply you have a job offer. You would like to stay with this company (if you do) so you wanted to give them a chance to make an offer (which they should have done weeks before - but you get more flies with honey than with vinegar!)

Then, if you wish, say, if not, then consider this your two weeks notice, you will follow up with a phone call to HR....

Good luck with job hunting. It IS difficult enough when you are not working, but working and job hunting is the pits.
#3 of 7 Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityChic View Post
I thankfully get a call from a worldwide corporation who wants to interview me. After 3 interviews they want me to attend a 4th interview (where I will meet with 3 different people). This is fantastic as the company is huge and the benefits are out of this world. I just can’t believe that I have to go on another interview with them and then after all that I may not get an offer for a position. Really, I am thankful for the opportunity but the interview process is way out of hand.
I had to do that sort of interview gauntlet for my new job as well. When it was down to the fifth interview and they STILL hadn't made up their minds yet it was seriously on the tip of my tongue to tell them that they only thing they didn't know about me yet was my bra size and they'd just have to make up their mind without that information.

On the other hand, the long interview process generally means they're having a hard time chosing between a small number of candidates, which bodes very well for you.

Hang in there!

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#4 of 7 Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather View Post
they STILL hadn't made up their minds yet it was seriously on the tip of my tongue to tell them that they only thing they didn't know about me yet was my bra size and they'd just have to make up their mind without that information.
Ha! That made me laugh out loud!

Ladies, thanks so much for the responses, it is nice to hear about others experiences!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#5 of 7 Old 09-25-2007, 08:21 PM

It speaks really well of you that your current company didn't include you in the "culling" of your department.

And it sounds like you're in demand, and that's a good thing.

Just hang in there for now!
#6 of 7 Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Just posting another hang in there!

mom to a 7 year old lego fanatic and a 5 year old cross dresser
#7 of 7 Old 09-26-2007, 02:13 AM

Hang in there... it sounds like you'll land on your feet, either way. Sending good vibes: your way.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page